T25 nutrition plan saying I should only eat 1600 calories.

Options
I'm doing the TDEE approach and have my calories set for 1926 for weight loss. I'm planning on doing 3 x running/walk and 2 x Body Balance (Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates) classes a week on top of T25, so do you think it will be okay to keep it at my current calorie goal, if not a little more? I don't understand how they can suggest 1200 or 1600 calories for everyone. It seems pretty low - especially 1200. :/

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    :noway: And that's why I never followed that goofy nutrition plan.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options

I was planning on doing my own thing - I don't have money to do their 5 day fast for starters. I was just wondering if I should go to 1600 calories or not like they recommended but eating how I want to. :)
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Considering I did Focus T25 losing 15 pounds, and tons of inches eating about 1900-2000 I think you can definitely do it, maybe even with a few more cals too! Considering you are doing 5-6 FT25 sessions a week PLUS other activities I think you will be fine not eating at the 1600 cals level! Ps. I found the 1200 particularly CRAZY! lol I could never do all that work on that cal level!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I just follow my MFP calories and eat what I want, did it for T25 and now P90X3. With that much activity, you're going to need more than 1600 calories, so if you're happy with your TDEE, just go with that. You can always tweak up or down as needed.
  • benefiting
    Options
    Considering I did Focus T25 losing 15 pounds, and tons of inches eating about 1900-2000 I think you can definitely do it, maybe even with a few more cals too! Considering you are doing 5-6 FT25 sessions a week PLUS other activities I think you will be fine not eating at the 1600 cals level! Ps. I found the 1200 particularly CRAZY! lol I could never do all that work on that cal level!

Thanks love - that is exactly what I needed to see! I know right and the 5 day fast is 1100 calories or something like that. Crazy!
  • benefiting
    Options
    I just follow my MFP calories and eat what I want, did it for T25 and now P90X3. With that much activity, you're going to need more than 1600 calories, so if you're happy with your TDEE, just go with that. You can always tweak up or down as needed.

True story. Thank you! :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

I was planning on doing my own thing - I don't have money to do their 5 day fast for starters. I was just wondering if I should go to 1600 calories or not like they recommended but eating how I want to. :)

This line jumped out at me:
    "I don't have money to do their 5 day fast "
    How the hell does a fast cost money? Isn't the point of a fast that you are eating nothing or very little.
    I wouldn't trust any program that wants me to pay to eat almost nothing!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I just read an article where someone said they burned over 1000 calories on the Friday double days....anyone else have that happen? This is a guy that's super fit and is a beachbody coach....I'm guessing he's just trying to sell the program.

I noticed my comment did not get approved LOL

http://www.ncfitclub.net/how-many-calories-does-focus-t25-burn.html
  • benefiting
    Options

This line jumped out at me:
    "I don't have money to do their 5 day fast "
    How the hell does a fast cost money? Isn't the point of a fast that you are eating nothing or very little.
    I wouldn't trust any program that wants me to pay to eat almost nothing!

You eat breakfast, lunch and dinner but it's light stuff like salads and meat and stuff. I don't have the money to pay for all the ingredients they want me to get.