Soft Food 'diet'

Before i get flammed, i'm not doing it because of weight loss lol I had a molar removed yesterday, so i'm not suppose to really chew on things just yet.

What i'm asking are for some good soft food idea's. I have mashed potatoes, applesauce, yogurt, soup, and cottage cheese. But i need to figure out how to get other nutrients. I don't have a good blender that will let me pulverize veggies to a drinkable consistency. I did have a drink when i woke up w/ carrot juice & Protein powder. I just can't figure out how to get my macro's or even calorie intake for the day w/ just soft foods :-/ I only ate 900 or so calories yesterday, but I was laying in bed most of the day after i got the tooth taken out, and sat on the couch watching TV when i got up. I'm at work tonight, moving around more, so i KNOW i need more calories than yesterday!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I wouldn't worry so much right now about getting in all your calories or macros. This soft food diet you're on is going to be short term just until you're feeling better so you'll be okay.

Protein shakes, ice cream, frozen fruit Popsicles (the kinds with the real fruit), Ensure.... When I got my wisdom teeth out I ate a lot of spaghettios - not very healthy! :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Wow. That sucks but luckily it's just a short term thing :D

For the items you are eating, I would make sure they aren't low fat/low calorie stuff. Eliminating that will help with both macros and your calorie count.

Have you considered blending up your protein shakes with fruits and milk..maybe even some peanut butter?

Would melting some shredded cheese with your mash potatoes be an option?
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    spagettio's sound good! lol

The only fruit i had at home were strawberries & Raspberries, both had seeds so not really that good for me cuz they can get 'stuck' in the hole.

I don't really buy low fat stuff. Although the Greek Yogurt is 0% from Trader Joe's. The cottage cheese is 1.5%, i get it for the 14g of protein a serving. I could add cheese, but too much dairy isn't that good for me. I break out in a rash :( Didn't think about peanut butter, i could prolly keep it from the left side of my mouth. I'll have to wait till i get home for that though, my work is a 'nut free zone' :(
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    spagettio's sound good! lol

The only fruit i had at home were strawberries & Raspberries, both had seeds so not really that good for me cuz they can get 'stuck' in the hole.

I don't really buy low fat stuff. Although the Greek Yogurt is 0% from Trader Joe's. The cottage cheese is 1.5%, i get it for the 14g of protein a serving. I could add cheese, but too much dairy isn't that good for me. I break out in a rash :( Didn't think about peanut butter, i could prolly keep it from the left side of my mouth. I'll have to wait till i get home for that though, my work is a 'nut free zone' :(

Well, try the peanut butter blended with milk and a protein shake. That might help you eat it better instead of trying to stick it on the side of your mouth. I would just worry about you accidentally biting the inside of your cheek. :(

Or do it Brad Pitt style in Meet Joe Black and just lick/suck it from a spoon :)
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Don't worry about it really. It's a very short term deal. I ate jello, pudding, soups, etc. I also wasn't on MFP at the time. One week or so won't make or break you.