Tomato free recipe please

hawaiibound
hawaiibound Posts: 158
edited September 21 in Recipes
Well i'm 8 weeks prego and I can't eat anything with tomatos with the baby....it make me horribly sick. My biggest problem is that I use canned or fresh tomatos in EVERYTHING litterally everything lol....we use love italian, mexican, texan foods in our house. I love casseroles and love using tomatos as a base. I need great family friendly tomato free recipes with great flavor!

Replies

• Hi -- I don't have a recipe, I just wanted to say "congratulations" but also... please please don't try to restrict your calories while you are pregnant! Of course you want to be healthy & sensible but please don't try to stay "thin". Believe me, as someone who has struggled pretty much all my life with my weight, I was terrified of the pregnancy weight gain but it is NOT the time to be too self conscious. Pregnant women are so beautiful! Congratulations and good luck to you!
  • I found this blog with some help for those allergic to tomatoes. Some great ideas, like using pureed veggies as the sauce (pumpkin, red peppers, mushrooms, onions, etc). Check it out: http://www.cookingallergyfree.com/forums/3/topics/10

I suggest checking more online sites for people with tomato allergies, they've been dealing with leaving tomatoes out of their diets for a long time!!

Good luck, and I do have some family friendly recipes for you, I will post to you later on. Take care.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Try Supercook.com

You can enter the main ingredients and in the EXCLUDE tab put tomatoes. It does a web search for any recipes that contain the ingredients you enter and does not contain tomatoes.
This discussion has been closed.