How do i lose 45 pounds??

Options
How can i lose 45lbs and can i lose it in 8 months?????? I am currently doing calorie counting and the elliptical. Does that help lose weight and belly fat??????:huh:

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will help you lose belly fat. It will also help you lose fat all over your body. You can't spot reduce - your body will take fat from where it feels like.

45lbs in 8 months is a reasonable goal at 1.5lbs a week, but don't feel too bad if you don't reach it. We all have weeks sometimes where we don't lose, and sometimes we don't lose as much as we want. As long as you're in a deficit, you will lose weight. Good luck!
  • kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would say that 45 pounds in 8 months is achievable, yes! Set your goal to 1.5 pounds per week loss for starters. Make sure you weigh everything you eat, don't just guess portion sizes because it's very easy to underestimate how much you are eating. Use measuring cups for liquids only. In terms of the elliptical, enter your exercise into MFP but unless you are judging calorie burns using a heart rate monitor with a chest strap, I'd be wary about eating all your exercise calories back, because MFP does tend to overestimate. Start out by eating maybe 50% back for a few weeks and see how you go.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    How? One at a time...by making good choices and being patient and focused. No magic beans to be found..unfortunately.
  • ClaudiaKho13
    ClaudiaKho13 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    45lb in 8 months - just under an average 750 calorie daily deficit or so, yes, fine.

You can not choose where fat comes off from.

Exercise helps your deficit and makes you fitter.

Always recommend you keep high protein levels and lift weights - that can ensure that it's mostly fat not muscle you're losing.
  • ClaudiaKho13
    Options
    45lb in 8 months - just under an average 750 calorie daily deficit or so, yes, fine.

You can not choose where fat comes off from.

Exercise helps your deficit and makes you fitter.

Always recommend you keep high protein levels and lift weights - that can ensure that it's mostly fat not muscle you're losing.

Thanks
  • NICEBODYTODAY
    NICEBODYTODAY Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    2 words: Motivation and Commitment.
    Another 2 words: Good Luck !!
  • yes it sure can be achieved in 8 months. My take into is that you need to loose 2-2.5 pounds a week which is a good way. so 8 pounds a month and make the math.
  • ClaudiaKho13
    Options
    Thanks
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    1 pound at a time
  • framienicola
    framienicola Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi, i've lost 59 lbs in 7 months, its very achievable so do it sensibly, no starving or fad diets, move more eat less. and good luck, you can do it x
  • ClaudiaKho13
    Options
    Thanks