I gained almost 60 pounds due to psychiatric medication :(

Options
Towards the end of last year, I gained almost 60 pounds due to the side-effects of psychiatric medication. I am so tired. I need the excess weigh to be gone. I lost a spot of weight in December and January. At last check, I was 110 pounds - but I haven't weighed myself in two weeks and may have gained an awful lot. I am so tired.

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Towards the end of last year, I gained almost 60 pounds due to the side-effects of psychiatric medication. I am so tired. I need the excess weigh to be gone. I lost a spot of weight in December and January. At last check, I was 110 pounds - but I haven't weighed myself in two weeks and may have gained an awful lot. I am so tired.

... ? Get help from a doctor?
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm so lost.. 110 lbs currently, gained 60, need to lose more and tired? How much can you gain in two weeks?

Are you sure you're not tired from under eating?

So confused.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Please talk to your psychiatrist. You need medical help. If you do not feel comfortable talking to your dr at this point, s there anyone in real life you trust, a friend, parents, siblings? Please please please do not seek advice on internet forums, this is not the right place for what you are looking for.
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Add me... I had similar problems with a psychiatric medication too!

BTW 110 is not heavy... I hope you were that weight before gaining... and not after!
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as well..you weigh 110lbs and gained 60lbs to reach that? I know it said you lost a bit but, how much did you lose? I don't think 110lbs is overweight o.o seems like a healthy weight to me!

Didn't even know it was possible to gain 60lbs from medication