Need Help! Need ONLY calories....?????

Options
Hello everyone, I am not sure where to post - but i guess this will work....
I need foods that are high calories and little to nothing of everything else.....:-)
After everyone stops laughing .... Are there any such things out there?????

I am completely starving myself, unintentionally, but by the time i have swallowed up all of my planned, apportioned, meals and snacks and hopelessly under....

Help :-)

Replies

• twinsmomma02
    twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean....I tend to have about 200 calories or so left over after I planned out all of my meals. My trainer at the gym suggested that I use the EAS Whey protein shake to get in my extra protein without adding lots of other "stuff". It adds in about an extra 180 calories, about 23 grams of extra protein, and minimal carbs, sugar, and fat! It also tastes pretty good as well!
  • jen_bersabal
    Options
    You'll get the most calorie bang for your buck from fats. One of my favorites is coconut butter--not to be confused with coconut coconut oil--coconut butter is coconut oil with coconut flesh. I can eat it with a spoon, but you can add a little sweetener, cocoa powder, or spread it some toast. Yum! Good luck!
  • twinsmomma02
    twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OOps...meant to type that the EAS shake only adds 120 calories.
  • infiniter
    Options
    almonds, peanut butter, nutella (be careful with this one..haha), basically any nut butter.
  • Tarreemha77
    Options
    I have a protein shake in the morning after my workouts for recovery purposes. It is designer Whey(Gnc purchase) and has all of the neccessary nutrients,amino acids,protein that I need. It's only 100 calories but I usually add fresh fruit to it such as fresh berries,a bananna,etc.,. It might be easier to drink your calories. You can also do a Casein protein which is a longer acting protein shake that will keep your body from going into starvation mode. or you can add a peice of fruit,more whole grains to your diet. A yougurt such as the greek ones etc.,.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have an ISO Whey shake... =) mmmmmm YUM!!! I add some frozen berries and stawberries and some greek yoghurt!!
  • pretygrlsmom
    pretygrlsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! Thank you!!! I am going to look into those protein shakes. I never thought about drinking my calories!! thank you to all!!! Please keep those suggestions coming!!!
  • rockinright
    Options
    I need foods that are high calories and little to nothing of everything else.....:-)

I am completely starving myself, unintentionally, but by the time i have swallowed up all of my planned, apportioned, meals and snacks and hopelessly under....

'

Maybe it's because I'm a guy, or because I have a high metabolism despite being fat, (and used to eat GIGANTIC portions I've discovered) but I really really really don't get this!

Good luck to you BTW, but I struggle to stay UNDER my 1880 a day! I just don't get how so many MFP'ers can't even make 1200.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

What, so you plan on eating crap just to make up the calories??

Isn't it that way of eating that got you, me and thousands of others overweight in the first place though?

First off, why are you starving yourself, you can have an eating plan that incorporates your daily calorie allowance. Starving yourself serves no purpose and is useless.