Being Used on V-Day...

Options
SGM_Adonis
SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
I was a Sophomore in HS...she wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid. I begged, borrowed, and stole for that $60.00 rag. She took the Cabbage Patch Kid and then dumped me.

Never again have I bought another V-Day present for anyone.

Men, have you ever been used for a gift during this time of year?

Replies

• WoodChuckNorris
    Options
    Your warning sign was that she wanted a cabbage patch kid and she was in high school.

And yeah, I was stuck in the friendzone with this girl and thought I could power my way out of it on Valentine's day. Went all out with the dinner, flowers and chocolate.

Fail.

The force was too strong. Got nothing in return. No gifts, nothing. Maybe a thank you.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Pull yourself together man! Every one has had some one be a jerk to them on valentine's day! the trick is not to let the knocks get you down.

Really a cabbage patch doll?
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    There was a rumor in high school that I was rather large down below. I was also rather geeky/marching band/dungeons and dragons kind of kid so I never got dates.
    A girl asked me out because I think she heard the rumor. I was excited, got my mom to drive me to dinner and movie. I paid for everything. We kissed then she got all weird and said that I raped her.. it was just a kiss.

She got a free diner and movie out of me. I was left with two rumors, and conflicting information since she could not verify my girth. (since I kept it in my pants).
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet she regrets it now! :cry:
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    There was a rumor in high school that I was rather large down below. I was also rather geeky/marching band/dungeons and dragons kind of kid so I never got dates.
    A girl asked me out because I think she heard the rumor. I was excited, got my mom to drive me to dinner and movie. I paid for everything. We kissed then she got all weird and said that I raped her.. it was just a kiss.

She got a free diner and movie out of me. I was left with two rumors, and conflicting information since she could not verify my girth. (since I kept it in my pants).
    I'm sorry but that's really funny.

Also DnD ftw :)
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options

The rumors still live on Mr. Meat.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    no i got replaced before vday it sucks
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Don't see point in Valentines Day at all, let alone presents. Don't want a gift so hope no one ever gives me one. Consumerism at it's finest.
  • WoodChuckNorris
    Options

At least it wasn't afterwards.
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options
    Pull yourself together man! Every one has had some one be a jerk to them on valentine's day! the trick is not to let the knocks get you down.

Sigh. Yes.

307227900-20123015.jpg
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I never had a Valentine's Day date in high school.

Not one.

Ever.

10th grade the guy broke up with me the last week of January and then asked me out again a week after Valentine's Day.

11th grade the guy called me on Valentine's Day from his ex-girlfriend's house and the conversation started something like "Ginger, we need to talk."

12th grade, I had to work on the 14th because I was the lonely girl with no boyfriend that day. But as luck would have it, I had conned a guy into going out to lunch with me on a field trip 2 days before Valentine's Day. He took me out on the 15th to sushi, and 2 kids later.....
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options
    I never had a Valentine's Day date in high school.

Not one.

Ever.

10th grade the guy broke up with me the last week of January and then asked me out again a week after Valentine's Day.

11th grade the guy called me on Valentine's Day from his ex-girlfriend's house and the conversation started something like "Ginger, we need to talk."

12th grade, I had to work on the 14th because I was the lonely girl with no boyfriend that day. But as luck would have it, I had conned a guy into going out to lunch with me on a field trip 2 days before Valentine's Day. He took me out on the 15th to sushi, and 2 kids later.....

Bwahahahahaha...oh goodness. I don't even know where to begin.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Your warning sign was that she wanted a cabbage patch kid and she was in high school.

Right?? Was SHE in HS or elementary school, honey? *LOL*
  • bazzaking38
    Options
    you should of changed the rumour to a little worm
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    He took me out on the 15th to sushi, and 2 kids later.....

That was some sushi!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I was a Sophomore in HS...she wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid. I begged, borrowed, and stole for that $60.00 rag. She took the Cabbage Patch Kid and then dumped me.

Never again have I bought another V-Day present for anyone.

Men, have you ever been used for a gift during this time of year?
    Is this serious?

You're comparing a high school relationship to an adult one? I mean, that was crappy of her (and a weird request from someone that age), but in a committed, adult relatioship, that experience shouldn't matter. Get over it, dude.
  • bazzaking38
    Options
    its on cnn news breaking news python on loose
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options

At least it wasn't afterwards.

good point but i've never had a valentine date
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Sigh. Yes.

307227900-20123015.jpg
    That's one of the ones I actually had ...

But I was 8.
  • ayeesunshine
    Options
    I've never liked valentines day. Even when I was married, but it really got ruined for me when my exhusband brought me home WHITE roses (that where dying no less) (also I ****ing hate roses and he knows that) and then left me two weeks later.

I always have anti valentines days, gory horror movies with no happy endings. Last year I was dating a guy and he was really into the idea so we stayed in our pajamas all day and watched a ton of scary movies and drank beer. It was a good day.

Edit: I have a strict no present rule on valentines day, flowers maybe or I give a guy chocolates and a card but I don't think it should go above that, save that stuff for Christmas.