Tea Lovers

Options

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Chai is yummy with milk & honey. I like Bigelow's Vanilla Chai & Twining's Pumpkin Spice Chai

Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice is a good substitute for hot chocolate.....milk & sugar....mmmm (hard to find).

I make iced tea with Lipton's Bavarian Wild Berry (black tea) or Lipton's Gogi with Raspberry (green tea). ...no sweetener needed. The trick to brewing good green tea is water temperature.....too hot & the tea is really bitter.

Rooibos (red tea) ....Celestial Seasonings Vanilla Red
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    David's teas' chocolate chili chai is the only tea with chocolate I've been impressed by. I generally make it with half hot milk, half water.

That sounds amazing. :')

It is! I drink mainly tea from Davids. I usually have around 15-25 kinds in my cupboard at a time.
    My favorites (from Davids) are
    Turmeric Snap (turmeric and roobios)
    Read my Lips (mint and chocolate)
    Red Velvet Cake (flavoured black tea)
    Chocolate chili chai (Chocolate and chili duh lol)
    Creme de menthe (pureh, licorice, mint)
    Mothers little helper (fruity herbal tea)
    Persian Apple (flavored green tea)
    North African Mint (cardamon, mint, green tea)
    Forever Nuts (so great!) (tisane)
    Glitter and Gold (orange, clove flavored black)

but I love all different kinds. I also have a few staple blacks (orange pekoe, earl grey, english breakfast) on hand
  • condoleezachiapet
    Options
    David's teas' chocolate chili chai is the only tea with chocolate I've been impressed by. I generally make it with half hot milk, half water.

That sounds amazing. :')

It is! I drink mainly tea from Davids. I usually have around 15-25 kinds in my cupboard at a time.
    My favorites (from Davids) are
    Turmeric Snap (turmeric and roobios)
    Read my Lips (mint and chocolate)
    Red Velvet Cake (flavoured black tea)
    Chocolate chili chai (Chocolate and chili duh lol)
    Creme de menthe (pureh, licorice, mint)
    Mothers little helper (fruity herbal tea)
    Persian Apple (flavored green tea)
    North African Mint (cardamon, mint, green tea)
    Forever Nuts (so great!) (tisane)
    Glitter and Gold (orange, clove flavored black)

but I love all different kinds. I also have a few staple blacks (orange pekoe, earl grey, english breakfast) on hand

...I just shivered reading this. Heading to David's after I down my yerba mate. Makin' serious tea commitment.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love having a cup of decaf Cozy Chamomile at night! So relaxing!

Looking forward to hearing more suggestions!
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Mighty Leaf Tropical Green tea hot or especially sweetened with a little lemonade over ice.
    Also LOVE Chai w/milk and little sugar
    Tazo Vanillia Rooibos w/ milk and little sugar
    Tazo Passion iced w/lemonade
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Market Spice is a good one, don't think it's been mentioned yet. Also, licorice is one of my faves, with health benefits.
    I'm sick now so drinking lots of irish breakfast with honey and lemon. I know that the honey is really racking up my cals though :(
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    English tea with milk.
    Indian tea with milk.
    Rooibos tea on it's own.

And I've heard some very good things about Peppermint tea.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You might like jasmine pearl or any other jasmine green as is without anything added (i.e. just hot water and the tea, no sugars, etc.). It is floral and sweet and doesn't need much.
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,618 Member
    Options
    I'm a tea monster! Maybe because I'm a Brit?! :wink: Also developed a liking for green tea recently. Skimmed milk and a sweetner in my English breakfast tea and just a sweetner in the green tea. Nothing beats a good brew!:love:
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lychee Oolong tea is gooooood!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I drink hot tea almost every day at work during the afternoon. These are my favorites, and I like them all plain with nothing added:

Tazo decaf chai (I am sure their regular chai is awesome too but I happened to get the decaf)
    Madagascar Vanilla
    Lemon Lift
    Tazo China Green Tips
    Tazo Awake
    Jasmine
    Orange Spice
    Earl Grey (especially Twinings brand)

If it's convenient, I enjoy a splash of milk or creamer in Earl Grey tea sometimes.

I do like iced tea too. Usually unsweetened or very lightly sweetened (like 2-3 packets of artificial sweetener in a large pitcher). "Constant Comment" is one especially good type of tea bag to make iced tea with.
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like to drink Yogi brand Vanilla Spice... its on the sweeter side so i only put a little less than a teaspoon of sugar in it. it is really tasty in my opinion.

I used to try to drink green tea because it is said to help your metabolism, but whenever I did I would break out in these painful cystic pimples on my face... so I gave up on that idea. Wish I knew why my body has that reaction.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Short of the specialty tea shops where you can get some GREAT teas-
    This is my favorite from the shelf tea :

765446.jpg
  • CheatinLil
    CheatinLil Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I heat up fat free milk and put in a peppermint tea bag and add cinnamon and cayanne pepper. It reminds me of an Indian tea my friend use to make. I love it!
  • anyamb
    anyamb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love:

-Yogi's Ginger Tea - actually an herbal blend of ginger, lemongrass, and some other things… [Edited to add that this tea is like some kind of miracle elixir for heartburn/nausea/stomach aches -- My husband takes it with him whenever he has to travel.]

-Celestial Seasonings - Candy Cane Lane; Sleepytime Vanilla

But my favorite teas are all blends from The Tea Spot (they sell online). I discovered them when I lived in Boulder, CO. (They're based out of Boulder so they are everywhere there.) My favorites:

Bolder Breakfast - a black breakfast tea with a hint of chocolate

Russian Caravan - a smoky flavored oolong. Smoky tea doesn't sound very good, but it is surprisingly addicting.

Climbers' High - a blend of yerba mate; black, green, white teas; and herbs

Clouds and Mist - green tea, my favorite green of all time
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Black tea....all the way!! love it:heart:
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Plain..

Yogi Egyptian Liquorice
    Traditional Medicinals Roasted Dandelion Root
    Traditional Medicinals Lemon Detox

Yogi Calming
    Yogi Restful Sleep
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I heat up fat free milk and put in a peppermint tea bag and add cinnamon and cayanne pepper. It reminds me of an Indian tea my friend use to make. I love it!

this sounds amazing!!
  • doubleclick_darling
    Options
    Chai tea (usually with a little vanilla almond milk) is probably my all time favorite. I love it when it's cold out, and the smell just makes me think of homey kitchens. I've made it more than normal this winter due to all the cold fronts that keep drifting through South Texas.

I also enjoy the Tazo Passion Tea. I usually mix this with a light lemonade to make my own passion tea lemonade during the summer.

I'm not a big tea drinker, but these two have found their way into my heart...And my pantry and cups.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Lychee Oolong tea is gooooood!

Nice.. I'm going to try this. Any specific brand?