Oops... I fell off the wagon

Options
So frustrated right now! I weighed in this morning and the lack of progress really upset me. I've been eating right and working my butt off... I came to work to find my desk covered in candy for vday... Then my boss brought in chocolate covered strawberries... Now I'm eating the pizza she bought us for lunch.., I didn't just fall off of the wagon, it's running over me! Ugh I suck!

Replies

• la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think you need to start practicing saying "no" Just because someone offers you something, doesn't mean you have to eat it. Especially if it's going to make you feel bad about yourself. Your body is your temple, and only YOU control what you put in it.

People are always going to offer you things that are bad for you, and only YOU have the power to say "no". Better start getting good at saying it! It's kind of empowering actually....

But if it's a treat you actually want to eat, work it into your daily goals and you'll be fine.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I fell off last weekend. It's been dragging me behind all week. lol!

It happens, ya know? Accept it, work to climb back on, and keep at it. That's all you can do. Life will always throw pizza and chocolate your way. Personally, I don't want to say "no" to them forever.
  • la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That';s why you work them into your goals if you WANT to eat them. If you don't want to eat them and they're just going to make you feel worse, no reason to eat it.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Start over tomorrow or even right now. That's the beauty of it, you can always start over.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    It's one day. Not the end of the world. You owned it, now move forward, tomorrow is a new day!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    There's no wagon. Just choices. You're the boss of you. Just move forward.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That';s why you work them into your goals if you WANT to eat them. If you don't want to eat them and they're just going to make you feel worse, no reason to eat it.

This.

And just jump back on tomorrow (well, and eat right the rest of today to minimize the damage too).
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    There's no wagon. Just choices. You're the boss of you. Just move forward.
    This, x 1,000. Stop getting on proverbial wagons, and you'll stop falling off. This is an ongoing process. It doesn't matter how many times you thing you messed up, whether you eat something you didn't intend to eat, or you eat more than you intended to eat or whatever. You just keep going. It's not "off" or "on", it's a continual thing. Just keep doing what you were doing. (I'm assuming you were doing lots of sensible and healthy things. :smile: )
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    There is no wagon. There is a decision that you made a while back to make healthy choices and create a new standard of "normal" for yourself. In this new standard, I'm sure copious amounts of chocolate aren't welcome. But that's just it, it's about averages. One day will not make or break you. One day of chocolate and pizza may set you back a little bit, but it's not going to destroy any progress you've already made. Same as how one day full of grilled chicken and veggies isn't going to set you up with six pack abs and a rock hard butt. Just make sure that this is just temporary. Don't let it turn into a weekend or a week of indulgence. Just pick yourself back up, remind yourself of what you're doing and why you're doing it, and get right back to it. Life happens. You have to roll with the punches.
  • Azkadelia
    Azkadelia Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ditto to what everyone else said. I am trying to do this as well. This morning a coworker made VD cookies, then someone decided donuts would be a good idea and lastly our company is ordering pizza. Geez...more and more temptation.
    Grrrrr! You can do it. It is hard to say NO because some people don't understand or say its just x, just eat it.
    Good luck!!
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Luckily getting back on the wagon isn't that hard... It's not like a club with a no re-entry policy. Hop back on tomorrow and don't beat yourself up!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    First, one day isn't falling off "the wagon." If days like today become a habit, that's a problem. Log what you've eaten today and move on.

This is a very tiny life situation. If you let this get to you, just wait til something big hits you.
  • Txboyd
    Options
    I see a lot of people saying there is no wagon. I do tend to agree. However, I do not see an alternative to the wagon. Besides, who uses a wagon these days to get to one place to another? I figure we are all fitting into the car in which we want to drive (our body). The eating of something that isn't within our plan or goal... or the flying rock, rain or what have you... chipping the windshield, fogging the windshield... flat tire.. depending on the road hazard. A week of binge eating to a chocolate snack for valentines. At this point, our car has damage, we need to get back on the road. Fix it and move on, or live with the flaw. Its all about how you want to be seen in your car/body.

In short, no wagon. Your body is your car.. how do you want to be seen in it? Do you want to fix the damage done on the road and move on?
  • lazydanthaman
    lazydanthaman Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    runaway-red-wagon.gif

It happens to the best of us... Lets just hope nobody gets hurt in the process :wink:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Hop back on! No need to beat yourself up.
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am finding holidays are hard too. There are 2 boxes of candy on my desk from co-workers. I haven't opened them and will probably just put them on the "snack table" We had lunch in for a co-workers birthday so I ate my spaghetti on a small plate instead of a big one to minimize over piling (why is that so easy to do with spaghetti?)
    Then, my hubby just texted and said he wants to cook me dinner tonight. This will easily put me over for the day, but I am going to try to get in a walk before dinner tonight. I hope I have minimized what could have been a bad day and I have done too well so far to give up on myself!
    Good luck to you in feeling like you can get back in control.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I thought I was gonna hop off the wagon today, received a surprise package at the door that had a box of chocolates in it from my significant other. I also received a GIANT Resse's peanut butter heart from my mom. I chopped up the resse's heart into portions and froze and decided to freeze them with the chocolates I received as well. This way, they won't go bad and I can have a sweet treat everyday for awhile now. :flowerforyou:

Keep in mind that weight loss is a journey of a lifetime and one day won't undo all your hard work. It is a good thing to just give yourself a little day every now and then and enjoy life, don't let the goal get in the way of life.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am finding holidays are hard too. There are 2 boxes of candy on my desk from co-workers. I haven't opened them and will probably just put them on the "snack table" We had lunch in for a co-workers birthday so I ate my spaghetti on a small plate instead of a big one to minimize over piling (why is that so easy to do with spaghetti?)
    Then, my hubby just texted and said he wants to cook me dinner tonight. This will easily put me over for the day, but I am going to try to get in a walk before dinner tonight. I hope I have minimized what could have been a bad day and I have done too well so far to give up on myself!
    Good luck to you in feeling like you can get back in control.

My strategy has been to cut my calories for the day before and after a Holiday so that the 3 days average my calorie allowance. I made it through Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve doing this without any issue.
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Ditto to what everyone else said. I am trying to do this as well. This morning a coworker made VD cookies, then someone decided donuts would be a good idea and lastly our company is ordering pizza. Geez...more and more temptation.
    Grrrrr! You can do it. It is hard to say NO because some people don't understand or say its just x, just eat it.
    Good luck!!

Ick, make sure to steer clear of the VD cookies! You might get sick.