New 10 sec Sub rules for College Football...

Danny_Boy13
Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
I just came across a story on ESPN where the NCAA is proposing a new rule that the offense can not snap the ball within the first 10 sec of the game clock. What a crock of $***!!! Nick Saban looks like he is leading this campaign, or atleast is the most vocal about it, which reaks of someone that does not have much of a defensive answer to the uptempo spread offense.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10446740/new-ncaa-football-rule-allow-early-subs-defense

Replies

• MichaelVRenner
    MichaelVRenner Posts: 92 Member
    If the first 10 seconds of a 40 second play clock is dead time, why not just shave off 10 seconds and have a 30 second play clock.

The new rule, if passed, would just slow down the game.
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    :explode: Complete BS coming from the "old" powerhouses :explode: that can't adapt in the guise of "player saftey." The evidance is actually the other way, faster plays = tired players = smaller faster players = less violent collisions = healthier teams. Chip kelly goes to the NFL and all of a sudden, his team has the least amount of injuries in the NFC. Maybe, NCAA :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: , you should take a look at what he is doing on not worrying about that guy in that Southern school :explode: :explode: , who had 3 Chip Kelly clones move into his neighborhood and he can't/won't adjust.

:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    my favorite part is if the offense snaps it in the first 10 seconds they get a "Delay of Game" penalty for not delaying the snap for the full 10 seconds.

this is not a well thought out proposition for a rule. it does nothing for "player safety" (which is how they are selling it. It may, however, decrease the number of fake injuries defenses employ to try to slow down offenses.
  • JnK619
    JnK619 Posts: 320
    What a crock of *kitten*, I was a high school D-line coach and a huge challenge was rotating tired players in/out against a no-huddle offense, it can be done if you're prepared. Even as a Defensive coach I wouldn't want to see a stupid rule change like this. Bogus!!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    :explode: Complete BS coming from the "old" powerhouses :explode: that can't adapt in the guise of "player saftey." The evidance is actually the other way, faster plays = tired players = smaller faster players = less violent collisions = healthier teams. Chip kelly goes to the NFL and all of a sudden, his team has the least amount of injuries in the NFC. Maybe, NCAA :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: , you should take a look at what he is doing on not worrying about that guy in that Southern school :explode: :explode: , who had 3 Chip Kelly clones move into his neighborhood and he can't/won't adjust.

i think that was the perfect amount of these guys :explode:
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    To me this is the equivalent in basketball when the defense gets a steal... there would be a 5 sec delay when the player that stole the ball can move forward or pass it. We have to let the guys have a chance to get set... WTH?!?!?
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member

i think that was the perfect amount of these guys :explode:

I still don't think I conveyed my true anger over this. :wink:

I have SEC fatigue, but now I have 3 new favorite teams in the SEC west. I hope his decline is spectacular.