Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The Shire to Mordor (and back) Fellowship

Replies

• g0at1982
    g0at1982 Posts: 89 Member
    This sounds FABULOUS!!! But I am questioning my ability to get there and back within a year...is there a time limit?

Let me know what I need to do to be added.

THANKS!!!

We are not going to travel individually, but as a GROUP, SHARED, COLLECTIVELY. We will combine all of our efforts and have some kind of status report on where we are in the journey. No time limit

Oh and all you need to do is go here and add yourself to the group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19749-the-shire-to-mordor-and-back-a-fellowship

:)
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,855 Member
    totally in! but according to Google one does not simply walk to/into mordor.

2bbdc22e-55c3-4407-9a10-f264ef8d63b7_zps74f96ad3.png
  • martiniconqueso
    martiniconqueso Posts: 27 Member
    Sounds like a blast! Count me in - Frodo began his journey on September 23rd, I am guessing we'll want to get moving sooner than that? :)
  • Sounds like a blast! Count me in - Frodo began his journey on September 23rd, I am guessing we'll want to get moving sooner than that? :)

Hopefully :-) But it's a good point: when do we start?
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    In.... for Frodo!
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Can the eagles fly me?
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    I'm in. I'll simply report how many miles I have logged via FitBit and/or RunKeeper. At the end of the week. Do hobbits party on Fridays? If so, maybe that would be a good day to submit our results for a grand tally. Also, do we direct message them to the moderator and he/she tallies them up?

Mike
  • LJMiller0587
    LJMiller0587 Posts: 5 Member
    This is such a fantastic idea! I'd love to join in too, how are we going to log progress?
  • I'm in. I'll simply report how many miles I have logged via FitBit and/or RunKeeper. At the end of the week. Do hobbits party on Fridays? If so, maybe that would be a good day to submit our results for a grand tally. Also, do we direct message them to the moderator and he/she tallies them up?

Mike

OK, this is my suggestion:

We start tomorrow (Saturday, 15th of February 2014) and log our walks/jogs/runs throughout the week.
    We start a new thread for each week in the group and report our totals for that week by the end of Friday (we just need to agree on timezone).
    This way there's no one person in charge and the whole thing can continue without too much effort from one particular person. We can all see how much the totals are and then figure out where we are according to the Eowyn challenge website.

Oh, and anyone can join us at any time to add to the efforts. Then we'll see how fast we get to different places.

If we want, we can have extra challenges throughout the week, different ones for each week.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    I'm in. I'll simply report how many miles I have logged via FitBit and/or RunKeeper. At the end of the week. Do hobbits party on Fridays? If so, maybe that would be a good day to submit our results for a grand tally. Also, do we direct message them to the moderator and he/she tallies them up?

Mike

OK, this is my suggestion:

We start tomorrow (Saturday, 15th of February 2014) and log our walks/jogs/runs throughout the week.
    We start a new thread for each week in the group and report our totals for that week by the end of Friday (we just need to agree on timezone).
    This way there's no one person in charge and the whole thing can continue without too much effort from one particular person. We can all see how much the totals are and then figure out where we are according to the Eowyn challenge website.

Oh, and anyone can join us at any time to add to the efforts. Then we'll see how fast we get to different places.

If we want, we can have extra challenges throughout the week, different ones for each week.

thats a good idea...so someone could tally it each weekend..and place us with in the world.

• thats a good idea...so someone could tally it each weekend..and place us with in the world.

Yes, and that someone doesn't have to be one particular person, because God knows how long this will take :-) Technically, anyone could add up all the reports and look from the website where we are.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member

thats a good idea...so someone could tally it each weekend..and place us with in the world.

Yes, and that someone doesn't have to be one particular person, because God knows how long this will take :-) Technically, anyone could add up all the reports and look from the website where we are.

your just full of the ideas smiles

yes that makes sense so its not anyones burden..and people can come and go without it losing momentum (hopefully)
  • g0at1982
    Sounds good Sounds good

Collective effort

Log your efforts

Tabulate on Saturday

Where are we in the world?
  • We just have to decide when does Friday end for all of us. Is that +12h GMT? ....which is by the way in New Zealand, where the movies were filmed :-) Then we can add up everything the next day.
  • g0at1982
    We just have to decide when does Friday end for all of us. Is that +12h GMT? ....which is by the way in New Zealand, where the movies were filmed :-) Then we can add up everything the next day.

You're so smart :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1202276-the-journey-begins
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    This sounds like fun, but it'd take me around 5 years or so on foot. I'm hitching a ride on a Nazgul, I'll be there in no time.
  • Chime in, tell us we're crazy, tell us you want to join the fellowship, say hi!! :)

You are all crazy! I want to join the fellowship! And hi!

I call dibs on being Fredegar Bolger!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    This idea is awesome!
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    I'm going to be the Orc in the group! I won't eat any of the hobbits I promise!! :D
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Sounds like a plan I'll drive to the gym tonight then.