Are Eggs GOOD or BAD???

Options
I dont even like eggs but i might force myself to eat them for some protein!
Is it even worth it tho?
Are they good for a diet or bad!?

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    If you don't like something don't force yourself to eat. Eggs are a great food, and even referred to as a 'perfect food' (A nice ratio of fat to protein, imho) but again...don't eat stuff you don't like.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    They are neither good nor bad...they are just eggs...they have no magical properties...they are a good source of protein and healthy fats and an excellent source of other nutrition...but you can also get those nutrients elsewhere if you don't like eggs. There is no reason to force yourself to eat something you don't like.

I love them and I eat eggs every single day of the week.
  • MissKimi_xoxo
    Options
    Well im gonna try them.
    I used to hate Oatmeal too but I love it now so maybe I will enjoy eggs! Lol
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good....
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Eggs are delicious, but like everything else, moderation is the key.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    If you don't like something don't force yourself to eat. Eggs are a great food, and even referred to as a 'perfect food' (A nice ratio of fat to protein, imho) but again...don't eat stuff you don't like.
    This^

If you don't like eggs, get protein from beans, soybeans, Greek yogurt, lean meat (or heck not-so-lean meat)..whatever...if it fits your macros.
  • TomTomato
    Options
    They are a great source of protein and not a lot of fat. I eat them nearly every day, even though I'd rather have a donut!
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Eggs are effing delicious. But if you don't like them there are other ways to get your protein in. They work for me most days. Some days I don't feel like eating an egg, so I don't. Add bacon. That always makes eggs better. Or steak. That also goes great with eggs.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    eggs are fantastic.
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    eggs are great! add a slice of cheese to them also,
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    They're great if you want a simple breakfast... or lunch... or dinner... or snack... etc.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Eggs are pretty great. If you don't like the taste it is no big deal as they are easy to "hide" in recipes.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Love them. 6+ a week. 3 per serving.

I take 2 whites + 1 whole.
    It cuts the fat/cholesterol/calories.
    You get the protein.

You get the 'color' you expect when eating scrambled or an omelet.

The dog gets a shiny coat from eating 2 yokes :).
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    There are WAY more sources of protein out there. Plant based and animal protein. If you dont like eggs, find something else. But they are good.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Great food if you like them. However, there are lots of sources of lean protein - chicken, fish, yogurt, cheese, milk, protein powders, etc. - that you should find one you like and just eat that. After you've experimented a bit, you'll certainly find something sustainable for you. As for me, I eat eggs or egg whites every day (and sometimes multiple times in a day).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I dont even like eggs but i might force myself to eat them for some protein!
    Is it even worth it tho?
    Are they good for a diet or bad!?
    Are you a vegetarian? If not, eat some meat. If so and you don't like them, find something you do like. They have about 6 grams of protein apiece, so they aren't a major source if you're a meat-eater.
  • lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I always keep boiled eggs in my fridge for an easy on the go snack, breakfast with some fruit or to add to a salad.
  • MissKimi_xoxo
    Options
    Well I only said I was going to force myself to eat them because im very picky and I wont try things I ate as a kid and hated lol
    But I have been eating Oatmeal for the past week and "Thought I hated it" But its actually really good lol
    You change as you get older so maybe eggs wont be so bad.
    Soooo imma try them!!
    Plus I dont have much to choose from. lol
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Eggs are great! Delicious!

Don't eat food you don't like just because you heard it might be good for you though. If it's all about the protein, just eat foods with protein in 'em that you do like.
  • phantomjam
    phantomjam Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Grab a cookbook that has a section dedicated to eggs and master cooking them. I guarantee you'll find a way to enjoy them even if you decide that it will be in cake or ice cream.