How do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Can I measure myself naked at the supermarket?

Of course you can. should you? probably not lol
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Naked
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I go to a nutritionist and use her scale. I get weighed every other week. I don't want a scale in my apartment.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've been dieting for almost a month now and every scale I've weighed myself on has told me something different. I even paid in Superdrug to get weighed on their scales and it didn't calculate my weight right at all. (It said I've grown an inch since the previous week).

What brand of scales do you use? Where do you get weighed?
    Where can I buy a relatively cheap set of scales?

Thank you!

You can buy an inexpensive scale for your home. I purchased the Jenny craig brand several months ago because its digital and also has many other features other than just weight. It was about $40.

Place it on the floor (not carpet) ... don't move it from one area to another... and you should get consistant readings.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have a Health-O-Meter digital scale that I got for like $30 a few years (3-4) ago at Walmart. I tap the corner to get to my "profile" and step on it after it zeroes out. If I question the result, I do a "best out of three" and I record whichever number I got twice as my official weigh-in result.
  • LJ210993
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've been using the same scale for years. Now that I'm really tracking myself, I've been wondering if I should buy a newer one, but I feel like I should stick to what I've been using with my new efforts. Consistency is key & all that.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I step on a scale, it gives me a number, i look at the number, assess it, and then get off the scale ….that is how i weight myself.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    We have a cheap enough digital scale. I keep it in the same place all the time, as it does go wacky if it's moved. I step on it to activate it, then step off, then back on. I weigh myself without clothes every morning.
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Actually, even the type of scale they use at the doctor's office is inaccurate if not properly and recently calibrated. At my doctor's office, they once freaked out thinking I'd lost 8 pounds in a week. When I insisted that it wasn't remotely possible, they checked and it had been calibrated in between those 2 visits, meaning it had been off by at least 7 pounds the week before.

Very true! We thought my daughter had lost a large amount of weight due to a huge difference on the scale at the pediatrician's office. Turns out that someone messed with the calibration.

I use a scale I got from Walmart about 3 years ago. It definitely gives a different number than the doctor's office, but I use my home one to track my weight loss. (My doctor's office also has it in my file that I am 5'4", when I am 5'6.5") I weigh myself first thing in the morning, probably every couple of days, although I only log my weight from every Sunday morning. I have hardwood floors and make sure the scale is always on the same spot.
  • breemarie87
    Options
    It doesn't matter what scale you use, just be sure to use the SAME one EVERY time you weigh yourself. Buy one for your home and use ONLY that scale to determine if you've lost or gained weight.

if this is somehow not an option, grab a 5lb bag of sugar and set it on a scale to see if the scale is accurate.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I use a digital scale, the Wii Fit scale, and the scale on one of my other Wii games. They're all within 3 pounds of each other.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Digital scale I bought at Costco years and years ago.

Get up, use the bathroom, wash hands, move scale to same spot on the tile, step on, get the number, step off, go workout. Same thing every day - same scale, same location, nearly the same time & same conditions every day.
    [/quote

I follow the same steps on my Withings scale except I have to do it 3 or 4 times as it misreads my heart rate and weight because the new puppy decided to "help" me weigh myself. The good thing is that it is pretty consistent with the weight and updates MFP and Garmin automatically.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Unless you calibrate them every time you use them, they are usually off.

If you use one of the ones like at the doctor's office, they are the best.

I don't really trust home scales, and you have to use them in the exact same spot on the floor every time.

And that I do...weight myself at home with my own scale in the same spot normally at the same time each week.
  • rgb93
    rgb93 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Digital scale in my bathroom in the nude in the morning.

Scale at my parent's place is also fairly accurate (although I didn't believe it at first when it weighed me in at 205 back around Christmas) so I believe digital scales.