Over 100lbs to lose - Gastric Bypass patient

Options
2»

Replies

• _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I hope the bypass works for you, I know a couple of people who have had it done, some praise it, some regret it.

When I started, I had about 200lbs to lose, now I have around 50lbs to lose, it's easily doable once you figure out what foods work for you and what foods you could class as "triggers" I suppose your biggest issue with the bypass will what is called "dumping syndrome" where you get a sickly, heavy feeling, but I'm sure you have been forewarned about all this kind of stuff.

Good luck, and anybody feel free to add me, as long as you're serious about your goals!
  • kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have not had any surgery and never plan too. I have to lose 101 pounds and will be doing it the old fashioned way. I would love to do this together. My mother had the gastric bypass in the 90's, never paid attention to the nutrition and died 10 years later second to nutritional deficiency. Please please pay attention to eating for nutrition! (she basically starved to death while eating all day long) I did not know you could gain weight back after that surgery! Wow I learn something everyday. Anyway I am not trying to scare anyone, only inform! I would like you to add me as a friend for mutual support in this journey.
  • jazchlo
    jazchlo Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi. I had bypass surgery on Nov. 20, 2013. So far I have lost 76 lbs. but still have a lot to go! I am so glad to find someone on here that is going through this! People sometimes think this is the easy way out. There is nothing easy about it! It is a constant battle to get the fluids and protein in. I always fall short on both. Last week at my 3 month checkup I was told I am even lacking in calories. But I will make it! And you will, too! Anyone with any advice please share!