Any 70lb weight-loss success stories?

:bigsmile: im aiming to lose 70 lbs by july 6/7 month, and looking for motivation all success stories welcome! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    I'm just a over 70lbs so far. Haven't updated my pics ina while, but there are some before and an old after pic in there

lost 60 or so with diet alone, but have added weight lifting which has made a HUGE impact in the way my body looks. Even though lbs are falling off slower the differance in the way my body looks is a huge change. I cant suggest weight lifting enough

Good luck and kick some *kitten*!
  • abbeyoconnor99
    abbeyoconnor99 Posts: 49 Member
    I just seen your photo's You look incredible! congrats :happy: i cant wait until the day i get to share my success stories :ohwell:
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    I have lost 72lbs in about 8 1/2 months. I did start off quite heavy though at 308lbs so it has dropped off quite quickly so far. I second what the previous person said about weight lifting.

Good luck!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    I lost 82 lbs in about 11 months after baby #1. I'm doing it again after baby #2, but nursing is screwing up my loss; no one ever tells you that nursing might make you hang on to weight! (I mostly formula-fed my first, so I didn't know by experience.)

Anyway, I did it by eating 1200 calories/day and not eating back exercise calories. I now realize that I could have done better (look here for guidance: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet ). I didn't start exercising until about 4.5-5 months in, but I ran or took Spinning classes 5-6 days/week.

ETA that I didn't do much strength training last time but should have. I did some HIIT body work (squats, burpees, etc). I was able to lose weight without exercise, but the exercise really improved the shape.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Yes! I have lost 70 and am looking to lose a few more! My story is on my profile. :)
  • abbeyoconnor99
    thats amazing! what type of cardio do you do? and ive never tried weight lifting :cry: the only place id be able to do it is at a gym, and usually everytime im there that section is over-run with obsessed teenage boys! :frown:
  • melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Down 129lbs! :)

If I can do this I promise you you can do this as well!! Keep with it and you will not be disappointed:)
  • abbeyoconnor99
    congrats:bigsmile: ! and maybe i should start weight training then everyone seems to be mentioning it :indifferent:
  • abbeyoconnor99
    amazing!
  • abbeyoconnor99
    thats awesome you must be so proud of yourself :bigsmile: do you mind if i ask what diet/fitness you do? :happy:
  • WhisperAnne
    WhisperAnne Posts: 453 Member
    I lost 145 pounds..if you need any help message me (=
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    thats awesome you must be so proud of yourself :bigsmile: do you mind if i ask what diet/fitness you do? :happy:

Who are you asking? lol
  • abbeyoconnor99
    I have lost 72lbs in about 8 1/2 months. I did start off quite heavy though at 308lbs so it has dropped off quite quickly so far. I second what the previous person said about weight lifting.

Good luck!

just noticed im pressing reply and not quote silly me! :embarassed: but thats awesome you must be so proud of yourself :bigsmile: do you mind if i ask what diet/fitness you do? :happy: and i should really try weights then!!
  • abbeyoconnor99

Who are you asking? lol

i know i confused myself i didnt realize i had to press quote and not reply :indifferent: but i read your story and great job! :bigsmile:
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    I've lost 70 pounds! I would ideally like to lose 50-60 more. I started in the 300's. I am using the TDEE -20% method. :)
  • abbeyoconnor99
    I lost 145 pounds..if you need any help message me (=

I'm amazed! I will take you up on that offer thanks! :happy:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    I've lost 77 so far. I changed WHAT I eat more than how much I eat, and it was a permanent change. All of my health problems have been resolved and the weight loss is effortless (slow now, as expected since I'm near a healthy weight for me). For me, WHAT I eat matters more than any other factor and healthy foods ARE delicious.
  • abbeyoconnor99
    I've lost 70 pounds! I would ideally like to lose 50-60 more. I started in the 300's. I am using the TDEE -20% method. :)

Incredible :O congratulations!
  • abbeyoconnor99
    I've lost 77 so far. I changed WHAT I eat more than how much I eat, and it was a permanent change. All of my health problems have been resolved and the weight loss is effortless (slow now, as expected since I'm near a healthy weight for me). For me, WHAT I eat matters more than any other factor and healthy foods ARE delicious.

I'm so pleased that things have worked out for you :happy: You all are such an inspiration keep it up!
  • abbeyoconnor99
    Down 129lbs! :)

If I can do this I promise you you can do this as well!! Keep with it and you will not be disappointed:)

AMAZING! How did you do it/ how long did it take to reach your goal? :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!