Help getting a schedule when you work 12 hours?

Options
So I work M-Th I'm out of the house before 6am and get home after 6pm. I work outside at dog day care and I bath dogs as well while I train for grooming. I'm on my feet all the time, I pick up dogs, I move dogs around, it's a very physical job. I have no time or energy to work out those days. I'm thinking during the day while out in the yard with the dogs I can do a few lunges or squats, but other than that it's not happening those days.
What do you guys do who work like this do?
I can't just go to the gym right after work, since I bring my dogs to work with me.

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Well, if your goal is just to lose some weight, you can do that with the proper amount of calories. If you have fitness goals then that is something else.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options
    Dog day care is an extremely physical job - doubt you really need a supplemental exercise.

Do something you enjoy that's physical on your days off...you're active already.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Dog day care is an extremely physical job - doubt you really need a supplemental exercise.

Do something you enjoy that's physical on your days off...you're active already.

Agreed. 3 or 4 days a week extra exercise is good without even having an active job.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the sentiment here, though I confess I don't go to the gym. If you are doing all that lifting right, I would hope that you could make it like workout. Certainly to go from sedentary to this is a big change and a workout on it's own! When you get used to the increased activity, you may find you feel different in the evenings and bounce out the door with renewed vigour. For the mean time, I would suggest getting specific workouts in on your time off if possible when you are not tired after a long day or have the dogs with you!