Muscely women thighs. How do i slim down??

Options
I have been training for 5 weeks. first 2 weeks was all cardio then i started weight training like squats, leg press, dead lifts etc and my thighs have gotten bigger and muscley but i have lost weight every where else. How do i slim them down?? iv had 2 comments in the past week about muscely thighs and im a women i thought it was ment to take ages for them to develop?? I was very sporty when i was younger and these muscles have just popped out so quickly. mainly my quads. I have a protein shake after every intense work out should i stop that and stop weights but still do my abs and arms?? i dont want muscley thighs :(

Replies

• treats4goodboyz
    Options
    Strong thighs on a women are sexy, don't worry about it!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. Your muscles are probably retaining water and the fat over them makes them look bulky. If you reduce your overall body fat eating at a moderate deficit you will slim them down.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    running. using different muscles and still being strong. I danced ballet for more than half my life and I had "thunder thighs". not until college when I took up running, did my thighs calm down. walking isn't the same. running is awesome! but like someone else mentioned, muscled women are strong and strong is the new sexy. although i don't want the same muscle mass i had when i was younger… :) running.
  • anotherkatie16
    anotherkatie16 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you been stretching? It might not make a big difference but the ability to let your muscles stretch out and relax after a workout will promote longer, leaner muscles, rather than big, bulky hulking muscles. Yoga positions like Downward Dog, Triangle Pose, Pyramid Pose, Dancer and King Dancer, Happy Baby and Hurdler stretches will promote strength in those muscles while allowing them to unclench; it will also help alleviate soreness and ache after a workout.

It could also be that the rest of your muscle groups are going to catch up to your legs eventually and even out your proportions; in that case yes, concentrate a little more on working your abs and upper body, but don't neglect your legs! Just like losing weight, people shrink faster in some areas than other people do; same goes for weight training--some of your muscles are going to respond a little faster than others. It's not anything to worry about, and the rest of you will catch up. :)
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Just do a lot of steady state jogging. You'll have chicken legs in no time
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    What you might think is muscle is probably fat... You won't develop muscle unless you eat well over maintenance, and even then it's not easy.

Lose fat and the thighs will slim down!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'd say keep up the workouts and try to reduce body fat. I'd LOVE to have muscles popping out of my thighs. I have a knee thing going on so I haven't been able to really do much over the last few months. Going to try to build up to it slowly again and reduce the BF% so what muscles I DO have can come through. Good luck. :smile:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of my muscle-y thighs that I can't even offer anything up to you.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I want muscly thighs too... Mine are just fat.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Ditto... also love Mia's muscle-y thighs :wink:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

In for thigh love.

One of mine is more muscley than the other. Should I worry? Or name them to give them their own identity? :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Your thighs aren't as muscley as you think. Just lose weight.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I have been training for 5 weeks. first 2 weeks was all cardio then i started weight training like squats, leg press, dead lifts etc and my thighs have gotten bigger and muscley but i have lost weight every where else. How do i slim them down?? iv had 2 comments in the past week about muscely thighs and im a women i thought it was ment to take ages for them to develop?? I was very sporty when i was younger and these muscles have just popped out so quickly. mainly my quads. I have a protein shake after every intense work out should i stop that and stop weights but still do my abs and arms?? i dont want muscley thighs :(

So you gained this muscle in 3 weeks??? Not sure it can happen that fast.?
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Notice how the women who complain about this never have pictures of their allegedly massive thighs.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    pics please.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Notice how the women who complain about this never have pictures of their allegedly massive thighs.
    ohai

didnt see you there.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    We should be able to like forum comments.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Was just about to say this hahaha