shakeology and jillian

Options
Hey everyone. Just starting my diet of shakeology and the 30 day shred... Anyone have any luck with either of these products? Just started this week and hoping for fast results! Gotta get ready for the beach soon!! Trying to loose at least 15 pounds by May.. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have done both. no weightloss with shakeology but other benefits came form using it. I also lost only inches with 30ds not weight...
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i lose 5 pounds doing 30 day shred
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Dang! I guess I'll be ok with inches... What have you done that has worked?
  • ncsubeachgirl
    Options
    Good to hear... How often a week did you do it?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i did it 6 days a week, 1 rest day. IMO inches is better then weight ..

what i did that actually worked and made a huge difference was clx, t25 and now on p90x3. i did 3 different jillian dvd's ( 30ds, rin30 and 6 week 6 pack) 30ds twice and i never got the results like i have from beachbody programs.
  • ncsubeachgirl
    Options
    I do want to try the beachbody programs but the price on them are killing me... Shakeology is way too expensive... I think next month i'll switch to a different shake then buy a dvd from them.
  • AbbyMRiley
    Options
    I have lost about 20 lbs. from Shakeology. Makes me feel hydrated and just generally better, too. I don't drink it every single day, but pretty close. 5 days a week and then usually take weekends off. I too, have found beach body programs have been the most effective for me. I also like couch to 5 K.
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Shakeology won't make you lose weight. A calorie deficit will. Personally, I don't think Shakeology is worth the price. If you want to invest money in a Beach Body product, I think you'd get better bang for your buck with one of their exercise programs.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Shakeology won't make you lose weight. A calorie deficit will. Personally, I don't think Shakeology is worth the price. If you want to invest money in a Beach Body product, I think you'd get better bang for your buck with one of their exercise programs.
    This.

You lost weight because of eating less calories than you burned, not because there is magic in Shakeology.

Congratulations to you all on your weight loss.
  • antinene13
    Options
    I have done numerous beachbody programs and drink Shakeology daily. I have lost weight and feel better than I have in a long time. Many people have negative things to say about Beachbody but its person preference.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I have done numerous beachbody programs and drink Shakeology daily. I have lost weight and feel better than I have in a long time. Many people have negative things to say about Beachbody but its person preference.

Sounds like something a beachbody coach would say…

OP:
    Save your money on the Shakeology.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I eat at a deficit and lift heavy weights. I also add in some cardio because I like eating more food and I've found some cardio I actually enjoy doing.
  • NoExcusesFitnessCoach
    Options
    I agree with much of what has been said here. Shakeology isn't designed to make you lose weight, it's more about giving you the nutrition you need to improve overall health and support your healthy weight loss. It will help with energy, at least it has for me, but the key to weight loss is consistency with your workouts and healthy eating within your calorie range.

I've lost weight using Shakeology + several different fitness programs (Turbo Fire, ChaLEAN Extreme, P90X3 to name a few), but it's not 100% because of Shakeology or 100% because of the program. It's consistency in all areas. I've never missed a single workout and I stick with my meal plan every day.

I personally haven't done any Jillian programs, but they sound like they are great workouts so you should get results as long as you stick with it.

Congratulations on your results so far and best of luck in your journey!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Eat real food, eat at a deficit, cardio and strength training, aim for .5-1 pound max a week.

Use all the extra money otherwise wasted on that crap for swimwear.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    People say negative things because it's all about spending a lot of money on something you don't NEED for success. There are similar products that are cheaper if you're set on a semi-liquid diet.

It isn't magic.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on the shakes...workout like you mean it, eat less calories than you take in and you'll lose the weight.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    People say negative things because it's all about spending a lot of money on something you don't NEED for success. There are similar products that are cheaper if you're set on a semi-liquid diet.

It isn't magic.

I WANT MAGIC!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It isn't magic.

I WANT MAGIC!
    *sprinkles fairy dust*

BOOM! You're skinny and muscley (or whatever you want to be).
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I eat at a deficit and lift heavy weights. I also add in some cardio because I like eating more food and I've found some cardio I actually enjoy doing.

This. Calorie deficit + cardio (because I like running) + heavy lifting = lots of inches and weight lost

You lose weight because of a calorie deficit, not because of magic shakes.