Fitbit zip and calories burned/activity level

Options
2»

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    G'day Guys, I was just wondering can you link your MFP to Fitbit desktop? I live in Aus and I have noticed that a lot of our foods are not on the database because it is a US database... Help please!
    MFP sends water & aggregate meal data to MFP. Connect your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30 (Fitbit won't send food or water to MFP.)
  • ICRicho
    Options
    G'day Guys, I was just wondering can you link your MFP to Fitbit desktop? I live in Aus and I have noticed that a lot of our foods are not on the database because it is a US database... Help please!
    MFP sends water & aggregate meal data to MFP. Connect your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30 (Fitbit won't send food or water to MFP.)

AWESOME THANKS FOR THAT
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    So I am confused. I am about 5 pounds from maintenance. I have a flex. Should I change my calories on MFP, when I start maintenance to match what my flex says? Do I keep them at a deficit and then eat back what the flex gives me?
  • Redmoonstar
    Redmoonstar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food on MFP? I live in Australia and have a fitbit also linked to MFP. I log my foods on MFP and you can add the foods to it the meals then sync to fitbit but only show as meals not the foods you have eaten.
  • mamadon
    Options
    I log my foods on MFP and not the fitbit. They are synced, so the fitbit adds calories as I go through my day. I guess I'm wondering when I hit maintenance, should I just change MFP daily calories to what the fitbit generally says I burn daily?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Just lower your MFP goal to maintenance. Fitbit pro-rates your calories by time of day (and goes way below 1,200 calories), so I ignore Fitbit's calorie panels & follow MFP's calorie goal.

Maintenance takes a whole lot of trial & error to find the number of calories at which your weight stabilizes. Slowly increase your calories until you start gaining, then decrease them even more slowly until you maintain.

Your weight will fluctuate, so choose a range (for example, +/- 2.5 lb.). When your weight goes above your range, cut your calories by 100. When your weight goes below your range, add 100 calories.

Congratulations on your loss!
  • mamadon
    Options
    Ok thanks! I think I have been worrying as much about maintenance as I have about losing! I will slowly up my calories until I see what works for me.