Long Lean Muscles

Options
Achrya
Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
I want long lean muscles. I've heard yoga, barre, and various stretches are the trick to lengthening my muscles, but I'm not sure on the specifecs, but it seems legit enough. Up til now I've been lifting and that's cool, but I'm still kinda short you know? Has anyone gotten a long lean dancer like body this way?

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    the only way that I know is to get four horses; you then tie a rope from each limb to each horse; and you then have them all run off at the same time…boom, long lean muscle….note, that you may suffer slight dislocation of joints from bone..but this is only temporary..
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Vibration machine.

You're welcome.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I hear mini-trampolines do wonders.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    oh, I forgot one .."the rack" where they basically tie you into this wheel like thingy and slowly spin it….totally gets your lean muscle mass….
  • Achrya
    Options
    the only way that I know is to get four horses; you then tie a rope from each limb to each horse; and you then have them all run off at the same time…boom, long lean muscle….note, that you may suffer slight dislocation of joints from bone..but this is only temporary..

Are you making fun of me? Rude
  • Achrya
    Options

Thank you. I've heard amazing things about mini trampolines, actually. I'll be sure to try it.

I've also heard the stair stepper will give me the kind of body all women want. Confirm/deny?
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Try staying upside down as long as possible while facing North. Gravity and the earth's axis will help lengthen the bones and muscles over time.
  • ndj1979
    Options

NO, it is a legit suggestion ….they did it in medieval times all the time …so why now now?????
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Thank you. I've heard amazing things about mini trampolines, actually. I'll be sure to try it.

I've also heard the stair stepper will give me the kind of body all women want. Confirm/deny?

I've never tried it...I'm afraid it will make me bulky
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Muscle belly shape is genetic. You can stretch them using any number of techniques, sure, but the muscle belly will only change a miniscule amount. I've never seen a single person change their muscle shape noticeably over any number of years.

But maybe this was a troll post. /shrug
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Trampolines do make women bulky. I would steer-clear.
  • Achrya
    Options

I've never tried it...I'm afraid it will make me bulky

Well we wouldn't want that. It's basically the opposite of lean and long. Darn.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options

i have head that over straining during a bowel movement tends to flatten the bum a little.. just so you know.. so stay away from over straining.

and my mini trampoline does work wonders..

i only ever eat donuts as well..
  • Achrya
    Options
    Muscle belly shape is genetic. You can stretch them using any number of techniques, sure, but the muscle belly will only change a miniscule amount. I've never seen a single person change their muscle shape noticeably over any number of years.

But maybe this was a troll post. /shrug

Do you know anyone who's tried? Because all the Barre websites promise to change my body. That is literally the phrasing "Change your Body."
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

NO, it is a legit suggestion ….they did it in medieval times all the time …so why now now?????

Duh, this is why people are taller now.

Don't assume that someone is being rude, missy. I mean, aren't we all here for the same thing? :flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    Options

Don't assume that someone is being rude, missy. I mean, aren't we all here for the same thing? :flowerforyou:

right ..to get long lean muscle through medieval torture methods…I mean that is why I joined...
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I found this link helpful. Maybe you will too.

http://www.barbellsandbeakers.com/2012/07/04/can-you-really-lengthen-your-muscles-or-is-that-a-lie/

ETA: I don't know how credible this is, but it sounded legit.
  • Achrya
    Options

i have head that over straining during a bowel movement tends to flatten the bum a little.. just so you know.. so stay away from over straining.

and my mini trampoline does work wonders..

i only ever eat donuts as well..

What do donuts have to do with anything? Everyone knows it's exercise, not what you eat, that makes all the difference! That's why people are all 'I did Zumba and lost a billion pounds' or 'I need 30 day shred success stories.' But not 'I need moderate deficit success stories'.

Think about it
  • Achrya
    Options

You're totally right. My bad, apologies are in order.