Okay so I finally started it :-) Ready to lose some weight N

Options
I had a baby 6 months ago and was breastfeeding which made it all the more hard to lose the weight. They say breast feeding helps but it didn't do a darn thing for me. In fact I lost more than i gained. I had gained 18 lbs and lost 22 in a weeks time! But then it all came back and more :grumble: So now that my son has started solids, I am beginning to wean him. So i can get off the 2500 calorie diet and lose some weight!! YAYYY!!! :smile:

Replies

• RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider simply reducing your calorie count rather than weaning. I also have a six month old and have been successful losing weight while breastfeeding. It does burn about 500 calories a day. About 3 months ago (when I plateaued) I reduced my calorie count to about 1700 a day and added regular exercise (I do eat some or even all of my exercise calories). My milk supply has been fine and my baby is doing well (he's almost 20 pounds at six months). Some things to keep in mind if you do decide to keep breastfeeding: drink plenty of fluids (the more the better and water is best), be mindful of your milk supply and get extra rest whenever possible. Aim to lose about a pound a week (more than this is not advised for breastfeeding women). Whatever you decide to do, I hope you reach your goals. I simply wanted to encourage you that it is possible to lose while breastfeeding if you choose to (no pressure!!!)
  • Thanks for the advice , i am in the same situation i am nursing and i am getting ready to stop it has almost been a year. and i am ready to loose the weight.
  • ambybaby
    Options
    Thanks! really? I was thinking its just cos i am eating too much to supply the milk for my little one :-) I am not working out as in gym but i do take walks with him. It has been three days that i've started this and i have been way under my calorie goal and i always get that caption at the bottom at the end of the day * that says my calorie consumption is very low :-/ I don't even know if can wean him 'cos i am still feeding him 3 to 4 times a day, he wants it and i cave in :-) My son is almost 20 lbs too!! :-) but he doesn't look as chubby cos well he is a LONG baby. He is 30 inches already! lol. Thanks for the advice!! I'll try to follow it :-) I am JUST ready to lose the weight and not see flab when i wear my pre pregnancy clothes :-(
  • brockly25
    Options
    nice and it will be fun doing it :) poeple here help all the time and look what poeple eat here and it will give you things you never try befor :) you can do it and i know you will :) just have fun doing it :)
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Good luck on your journey xxx