First Time Yoga....Wow!

Options
This evening i did Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown for the first time and I loved it!! I've logged it as yoga but I'm not sure if that's right. I mean I was sweating like crazy, and my heart was racing, however I don't have a heart rate monitor to be 100% accurate. I also know that this workout is not like traditional yoga, so how would I log it?? Does anyone have any idea??

I'm also wondering, what time of day is best to do yoga? How does everyone feel about?

Replies

• mytmom
    Options
    i'd rather err on the side of putting down too few calories burned rather than too many. but I do use a heart rate monitor, although tonight I did a two mile walk, pushing baby in a stroller, using the Walkfit on my iPhone and my HRM but messed somthing up when I was trying to get the info and compare the two. but I'm going to add this video to my list of ones to check out, haven't been a huge Jillian fan so far, but maybe if I get bored :laugh:
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    Definitely a much tougher than your traditional flow yoga. I love her work out but I still just log it as yoga. Just how I do it since I don't have a hrm
  • JenniferEdwardz
    JenniferEdwardz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also got that DVD, very Challenging, I would enter that as about 250 to 300 cals easily. Its a great work out. I do yoga sometimes twice a week and her dvd is challanging!!! I need to give it another go. Good luck and keep it moving!
  • countrygirlsoul
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I did the DVD again this morning and it made my morning! It was a great way to start the day, I can easily see myself starting everyday like this!