My Short Story

Hello - I joined MFP right around Christmas 2013. I had reached 244 pounds, and started having strange aches and pains. Decided to challenge myself and see if I could get down to 180/185 pounds. I have always been up and down with my weight, but I hate to exercise (still do) and love to eat and experiment with recipes. As I reached 40 years old, I knew I needed to cut back somewhat. 8 years ago, I became deathly ill with pneumonia and dropped to 212 pounds. Seeing pictures at that time, that actually looked thin, even after I got better.

Over the past 7 weeks, I have already lost 18 pounds, by simply monitoring my calorie intake. It has actually been easier than I thought it would be. Tracking my meals takes lots of planning ahead, but seeing the results is incredibly motivating. Trust me, if I can do it, anybody can. Just like anyone, I have my moments though, and slip up, but it's very infrequent.

Looking for community support to keep me going, just like many of you. Only about 40 more pounds to go, and I am determined to reach this goal by the end of July this year!:smile::smile:

Replies

• PrairieSlims
    PrairieSlims Posts: 42 Member
    Hi Matt:

Good luck on your weight loss journey. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful sight. Being accountable to oneself is
    very important. Some foods just have too many calories. It is a juggling act.

I would like to loose 40 pounds by June but will be happy with 25. It is so hard to take off and so easy to put on.

Hope you will keep in touch and get the support you need.

Lydia
    Prairie Slims