Does anyone watch biggest loser for inspiration?

Options
2»

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i prefer super size v superskinny they show a lot of good motivation
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the show or the example it sets. It's TV, not reality.

That said, we find inspiration where we can find it, and when it comes to what does and does not inspire us, there's room for some variation.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    i prefer super size v superskinny they show a lot of good motivation

I've seen that one a time or two. It was pretty interesting. And kinda depressing.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I don't think that kind of loss is inspirational. Or long term.

My thoughts exactly. If anything, I think the show is cruel - both to contestants and to those watching.

I agree completely

Fourthed. Or whatever the right word is.

The show is sick. Unhealthy, rapid, unsustainable weight loss is glorified. The fact that it's "entertaining" and "inspirational" to many people is very disturbing. I keep wondering how many seasons before someone dies on the show or as a result of it. Yup, that's great "entertainment".
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I've watched a few seasons. I like seeing the transformations of the people. I also like makeovers too for that reason.

Have you seen My 600lb Life in TLC? That follows an individual for a full year. I go through every emotion when I watch that show.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I like to watch it to find the errors and spot the fake stuff. When the voted Ruben off this last season, I said, "Wow I didn't see that coming! Ratings are going to drop." Next episode he was back on because of some made up stuff about Jillian Michaels giving her team caffeine pills. The trainers are a joke.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't think that kind of loss is inspirational. Or long term.

My thoughts exactly. If anything, I think the show is cruel - both to contestants and to those watching.

I agree completely

Fourthed. Or whatever the right word is.

The show is sick. Unhealthy, rapid, unsustainable weight loss is glorified. The fact that it's "entertaining" and "inspirational" to many people is very disturbing. I keep wondering how many seasons before someone dies on the show or as a result of it. Yup, that's great "entertainment".

x1000 to all the above
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i watch it but more to see how far thay push them selfs in every thing. this year triathon wow i would love todo one. one day. if they could do it there hope for me yet