your motivation

Options
ok so i am struggling with my motivation. i want to work out but i cant get up to do it. im lazy. so whats your motivation?

i was thinking about getting the bodybugg or something to keep track of my calories burned to stay motivated but idk what i should do. i really dont like the subscription thing on the bodybugg that is why i have not bought it. even the go wear fit one. but the fitbit just looks like a good looking step counter.

help!!!!

Replies

• achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I use the Exercise Diary on here to give myself exercise goals that I can try to match and/or beat each week. It also helps to have supportive friends on here that encourage any exercise I've done. Be it a tiny amount or a ton. When I don't feel like exercising I try dif. things to get myself going. I talk myself into it sometimes. "Put you're shoes on Ayla!' "Go outside Ayla!' etc. (I know I'm weird but it works for me!) I also try and remember the awesome feeling I get after I've done a great workout. It also helps to have someone to encourage you. I told my friend when she doesn't want to go workout to call/text or email me and I will bug her until she does. Giving yourself mini goals too is a great way to get motivated too. Welcome and Best of luck!
  • Chrisdeboo
    Options
    When Im getting ready to lift I like to look at some muscle and fitness magazines. Pick one up at the store for like 6$ and it makes a big difference. The first time I read one it made me want to hit the gym right away.

Good Luck
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have no motivation, at least none that I can figure out. But for some reason I keep doing it anyways. I think I have developed MFP OCD. Failing that, Ayla's zombie apocalypse idea seems to make sense.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have no motivation, at least none that I can figure out. But for some reason I keep doing it anyways. I think I have developed MFP OCD.

LOVE IT!!! hahahaha me toooo!
  • AONeal79
    Options
    My motivation: pure vanity. I can't lie. I always said I wouldn't be one of those people who allowed themselves to gain (significant) weight as they got older, and I want to stick to that. I'm 31 and while I see lots of people around me packing on pounds, I want to be different. I want to know I look good in clothes, I want to feel comfortable in a bikini, and I will feel proud knowing that my persistence paid off.
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I have no motivation, at least none that I can figure out. But for some reason I keep doing it anyways. I think I have developed MFP OCD. Failing that, Ayla's zombie apocalypse idea seems to make sense.

MFP OCD the only thing keeping me going at the minute, apart from that i have 0 motivation. I know it's around here somewhere ?
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    ME, I dont want to be fat anymore. I dont want to like what i see in the mirror only half the time. I also dont want to be diabetic and if I followed the path I was on 2 years ago i would be.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Exercise has always been my weakest link in this weight loss journey. So for me, it was not setting my goals too high; keeping them realistic for me, which was just exercise 2x a week for 30 minutes when I started. Even now I am only committed to 2x a week for 40 minutes, but assure you I do work out more than that, but if I have a week where I only meet my goal, I don't beat myself up over it. AND I think I have had a very successful weight loss journey, as I lost my original goal of 40 pounds in about 6.5 months. Not really motivational, but I do carry my workout bag in my car and on the days I am suppose to work out, I just pound the NIKE slogan into my head and "Just Do It" and am usually so glad that I did!
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say they had found motivation It could be mine pass it back!!! I do exercise because I see the success stories!! Now check out that body and that could be me. There is a lady on here who was the exact size I am and her after picture is OH MY GOD MAMA now thats where I want to be so that gets me off the couch and to start working out I love Myfitnesspal and for me its good to have not given up in the first 3 months.