Is it possible to focus in fat loss around the waist?

Options
Hi. I am new to all this so pretty much don't know a thing about weight loss. My goal is to loose overall fat around my body, but mainly the excess fat around my waist. Is there any way/ anything I can do to focus on loosing fat in that area and improve results. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. :smile:

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    No. Your body loses weight in whatever pattern it's genetically designed to. You'll just have to keep losing fat until your midsection looks the way you'd like.
  • emilyfieldhouse
    Options
    So doing any exercises that use the muscles in the midsection will not help at all?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    It won't help getting rid of the fat there but if you're training the muscles there it might look slightly better faster.
  • Hozman121
    Hozman121 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can help build your core stronger but you can't specify to your body where the fat comes off first. Like the other poster stated just have to work at losing fat overall.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    No...what they will do though is strengthen whatever area you're concentrating on so when you finally lose in your desired area it will show very nicely.
  • emilyfieldhouse
    Options
    Thanks for posting :)

So there is a good chance I will get rid of that fat right at the end after I (hopefully) loose the rest of the overall excess weight?
  • bdhanks
    bdhanks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yep. your body takes loses fat from all over and your tummy is the last place to go and that comes with eating well. when you hear "abs are made in the kitchen" they aren't lying.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Only with liposuction.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Doing midsection muscles to work all of the muscles in your abdominal area will tighten your midsection and improve your posture so you will most likely look like you have lost more fat in that area. Muscle also burns more calories than fat at rest, so doing any kind of strength training will increase your metabolism and help drop fat more quickly.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options