What kind of scale do you use to weigh yourself?

Options
beckm2022
beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
Right now I just have a plain cheap bathroom scale from Walmart. I'd like to get something more accurate to track my weight. Especially for the weeks when it seems like the scale isn't moving despite my efforts. I feel like in the long run, I'll stay more motivated if I see some kind of weight coming off, even if it's less than a pound at a time.

Replies

• tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My main scales measures in .2 increments. It just does weight, no extras, though I have another scale that has those features. It also does .2 increments. They're usually within half a pound of each other, but the body fat percentage stuff is always all over the place so I don't really mess with it. You really don't need anything too fancy! I'd like one that does .1 increments but they're so much more expensive, it's not really worth it. .2 is close enough.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Well even a cheap scale is better than none, but I upgraded to Thinner by Conair it is digital so it tells you every little bit and man when you see .80 go to .60 it's a whole lot better than not seeing anything because it wasn't a full pound! :wink:
  • mummee1
    mummee1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap one ($5) from Target that I can't trust. It varies from a few pounds to more than a few from try to try. I just ordered a digital Weight Watchers scale (I think Conair makes it) online. It measures the weight in between pounds, too. I am supposed to get it next week. When I get it, I will let you know what I think! I got it on sale for about $23 including shipping.
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Here's what I got: http://www.amazon.com/Tanita-UM-081-Scale-Monitor-Percentage/dp/B003VW1MEW/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_3

It runs at $39.99 and measures in .2 increments. It also measures your body water %, which is very useful to get semi-accurate body fat % numbers. The body fat scales wildly vary with body fat numbers mainly depending on your hydration level. So if you do your body fat with the same body water % it will be more consistent (not necessarily 100% accurate) so it's easier to see a downward trend. I do all my measurements in the morning before eating, which gives me a slightly inflated body fat %, but it's the easiest way to get consistent readings for me.

Also if I'm up by a pound and my body water % is unusually high, I can tell it's just water gains. :smile: I highly recommend this one.
  • beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :happy: