cupcake?... ate it!

Options

Replies

• youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Yay for you!

One more plus I got from saying I can eat anything I want and then paying attention while I eat it, I've discovered some of those "decadent" no-nos, I was overindulging in before, I don't even like. I was just eating them because they were there. Like cupcakes... I learned I don't like cake (I know, gasp!) but, I LOVE. LOVE, LOVE buttercream frosting. Now my frosting hating sister and I can share a cupcake or piece of cake and we both get the part we truly love.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love cupcakes.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I had a cupcake last night. After my pasta. And washed it all down with some chocolates. :)
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I had home made chocolate birthday cake today. I enjoyed every bite. It is still hard for me to see it as okay to eat it but I am working on that.

Yay for cupcakes!
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    great........now I want a cupcake!! :grumble: :grumble:

great realization, isnt it? i too was lured to the "mean" side. it was their slogan - Welcome to the Mean Side, We Have Cake! LOL

gonna hang out until the "sugar is evil" post!! :laugh:
    There will be no "sugar is evil" post! They fear the might of the candy kingdom!
    :drinker:
  • fificrazy
    Options
    I think people tend to demonize food, not because it's genuinely impossible to lose weight while eating it, but because some people couldn't control themselves around it; so they exile it completely. Still not a good way to approach food, but explains why people will refuse to eat certain things on a diet when we all know now it's about deficit- NOT eating/not eating particular foods.

Having *purposely* put on weight in the past year, I can personally vouch for the fact no TYPE of food causes weight gain- because I ate a lot of "unhealthy" food thinking it would, and would have LOVED if this was true- but eventually I figured out the formula -for myself at least- was about eating large portions, consecutively; going against my natural hunger cues. Eating out of habit (like still eating your typical large dinner out of habit, even though you just went out for lunch and dessert, and not actually being hungry just yet), or eating for a brain buzz (I guess being on the "binging" spectrum of disordered eating would apply here); these things lead to weight gain. Not having a treat during the day. Not eating sugar. Not eating at night. (etc etc) Just respect your hunger cues, and respect that you have a set point, and trust that your body knows best.
  • Blue801
    Options
    I think people tend to demonize food, not because it's genuinely impossible to lose weight while eating it, but because some people couldn't control themselves around it; so they exile it completely. Still not a good way to approach food, but explains why people will refuse to eat certain things on a diet when we all know now it's about deficit- NOT eating/not eating particular foods.

Having *purposely* put on weight in the past year, I can personally vouch for the fact no TYPE of food causes weight gain- because I ate a lot of "unhealthy" food thinking it would, and would have LOVED if this was true- but eventually I figured out the formula -for myself at least- was about eating large portions, consecutively; going against my natural hunger cues. Eating out of habit (like still eating your typical large dinner out of habit, even though you just went out for lunch and dessert, and not actually being hungry just yet), or eating for a brain buzz (I guess being on the "binging" spectrum of disordered eating would apply here); these things lead to weight gain. Not having a treat during the day. Not eating sugar. Not eating at night. (etc etc) Just respect your hunger cues, and respect that you have a set point, and trust that your body knows best.

Thanks. It is rather odd looking at the eating and weight issue from the wanting to gain weight perspective. All the things I fight against doing, you were actively encouraging in yourself. If only we could switch the habits/mindset/mental stuff for a week or so. It would be like a vacation. Those seeking to gain would just do what feels natural (eat when not hungry, snack on cal dense foods, eat large portions). Those seeking to lose would naturally control portions, eat when hungry, that sort of thing. I guess that would be cheating though. Got to consciously make these lifestyle changes I guess.:drinker:
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I learned the same thing. When I started coming on here, I was hearing so many 'sugar is the devil' comments that I thought I needed to cut out refined. But I'm glad all the 'mean people' on MFP cleared things up for me. I will eat cupcakes! (in moderation)!

tumblr_lumdhngEUp1r6s2pao1_500.jpg
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to all you mfp folks who have said crazy stuff like "don't demonize foods" or "everything in moderation". I thought I needed to cut out whole food groups to lose weight. I was pretty darn sure it was going to be a barefoot stroll through hell to get through this weight loss thing.
    Me: pot pies?
    Me: NO POT PIES!
    Me: cookie?
    Me: NO COOKIES! What are you, crazy!?
    Me: cupcake?
    Me: WTF is WRONG with you!? Nothing BAD til we finish this! *smacksmack*
    Me...binge/give up/starve/binge/explode to 300lb

You: blah, blah, blah (insert all the sane helpful advice here), blah blah blah, cookies

Thank you thank you thank you!
    I ate a cupcake today.
    It was lovely, and completely within my calories. I intend to eat more "bad" stuff 'cause its so freakin' good. I ate it! And I didn't hate me for eating a damned cupcake. Plus I've also lost 20 pounds since January 1. Cupcakes and weight loss. Must be part of that whole lifestyle change thing cause it was never a part of my quick fix yoyo dieting plans.
    So here's a cupcake.
    CNMY

I wanted a wonderful, gigantic, homemade cupcake the other day. . . but I had to settle for "tasty" kake cupcakes. :(

Time to find time to bake! I need me a damn fine cupcake!
  • TheBigSleep
    TheBigSleep Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    YES!!! You are awesome!!!
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I ate cake last night and feel absolutely no guilt...probably going to eat another one today....I'm not sorry!!!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i ate a cupcake for breakfast.

I had cheesecake, cappuccino and an after eight! :D Yum, yum! And I still have plenty of room in my calorie allowance to make delish dinner!

This "diet" thing is not so bad at all ;)
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I ate a cupcake and liked it! (Sorry Katy Perry)
  • Blue801
    Options
    I ate a cupcake and liked it! (Sorry Katy Perry)
    Is Katy Perry anti-cupcake?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    OP, where is my cupcake? I wasn't even informed treats were being given out. Rude.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to all you mfp folks who have said crazy stuff like "don't demonize foods" or "everything in moderation". I thought I needed to cut out whole food groups to lose weight. I was pretty darn sure it was going to be a barefoot stroll through hell to get through this weight loss thing.
    Me: pot pies?
    Me: NO POT PIES!
    Me: cookie?
    Me: NO COOKIES! What are you, crazy!?
    Me: cupcake?
    Me: WTF is WRONG with you!? Nothing BAD til we finish this! *smacksmack*
    Me...binge/give up/starve/binge/explode to 300lb

You: blah, blah, blah (insert all the sane helpful advice here), blah blah blah, cookies

Thank you thank you thank you!
    I ate a cupcake today.
    It was lovely, and completely within my calories. I intend to eat more "bad" stuff 'cause its so freakin' good. I ate it! And I didn't hate me for eating a damned cupcake. Plus I've also lost 20 pounds since January 1. Cupcakes and weight loss. Must be part of that whole lifestyle change thing cause it was never a part of my quick fix yoyo dieting plans.
    So here's a cupcake.
    CNMY

yes.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Cookies? Cupcakes? Going to have to add some cotton candy to wash it all down :tongue:

OnePiece-CuteChopper1.gif
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    2122583295_18642cbc00.jpg
  • crashj
    crashj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had a cupcake in honor of you :)