Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When a cheat meal goes wrong?!?!

2»

Replies

• lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    I totally hate having a meal i earn't loads of calories for and it's really disappointing. I am willing to admit that sometimes i don't bother
  • action_man
    action_man Posts: 21 Member
    I've had this happen. Don't worry about how much you ate, or how much sugar or whatever. If you're feeling the painful bloaty crappy feeling, just try to eat slower. In my experience that all comes from eating too much too fast. Just take it easy and listen to your body. Cheat day or not, if you don't feel hungry anymore, don't eat anymore. But even if you accidentally hit the food-coma zone just relax, take a nap, move on and try not to do it again, if for no other reason than it feels unpleasant.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    This is a life journey, these types of meals keep it sustainable so to me, it's not cheating. I ate at least 2100 calories today and included an Indian takeaway and thortons premium chocolates. No a single ounce of guilt.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    The discomfort that comes from a cheat meal/day always reminds me how much better I feel when I stick to my program and eat healthy. It motivates me to get back on track and have an awesome week. So don't sweat it - use it to your advantage!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I have had plenty go wrong. I tend to go totally off the healthy eating rails if I have a cheat meal or cheat day, generally, so I avoid them for as long as possible. I always feel sluggish if I have things like pizza and cake, which tend to be my main cheats. I go as long as I can and then when I feel I might be heading for a binge, then is when I allow myself a cheat meal, or a day where I allow myself foods I usually try to keep out of my diet. You will feel your usual self once you get a good workout in, basically. That always sorts it all out for me and then I am back on track. The worst thing to do, is to allow the next day sluggishness, to interfere with your workout plans.