Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nutrition advice

Hi,

Could someone please help me with nutritional advice?

I go to the gym first thing and sometimes don't get dinner till near on 9pm. I see lots of people at gym with protein shakes and wonder if this is something I should be doing?

My normal breakfast is breakfast biscuits, 2 before the gym and 2 after. Lunch is soup and dinner could be chilli/chicken.

Any advice would be fab, coz I feel like the weight isn't shifting as quickly as it should.

Thanks
Kirst x

Replies

• Jersey_GirlSpins
    Jersey_GirlSpins Posts: 330 Member
    I'm not a shake girl, but 4 biscuits for your morning meal seems like too many carbs and not enough protein. Your diary isn't open, so couldn't look at the amounts.

I'm sure others can help you with your shake question. Good luck :smile:
  • Benedsmum
    Benedsmum Posts: 11 Member
    Should I eat protein before or after? My issue is I go to the gym before work so don't have time to cook before the gym which is why I eat breakfast biscuits but open to trying anything.

Thanks for your help.
  • estatitra
    estatitra Posts: 80 Member
    I like to eat a low calorie bagel with peanut butter before going. You need a bit of carbs before workout. After work out is when your muscles recover and you need protein. Protein is harder to digest comparing to carbs. If you have too much protein right before work out ,it will be harder for you to digest. Just because most of the blood flow is in your muscles. It also depends what kind of exercise you are doing as well. What I said was about Aerobic exercise like running. I am not sure about weight lifting.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,289 Member
    You just need to get enough protein. Doesn't matter when you get it. Some people prefer to workout on empty stomachs, some prefer a small meal with carbs just before.

Just get enough protein in general.

Here: read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets