20 yrs looking to lose 100+ lbs and looking for some friends

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Josh :smile:

Currently, I'm 20 years old and live in the UK and looking to lose 115lbs to become a healthier me, feel more energetic and gain more confidence in myself.

I've been floating around MFP for about 2 weeks now and I'm looking to add some more friends on here that I could maybe discuss tips with or just have a friendly chat. :smile:

During July 2013, I lost my warehouse job and as you can imagine, my fitness dropped considerably because I was no longer as active. I never used to watch what I ate so I was already pretty overweight (250lbs ish) but I didn't feel unfit or unhealthy.

During Christmas 2013, my weight spiked at around 305lbs and soon dropped below the 300lbs mark after all the extra sweets and chocolate were gone. But I still was ashamed at how much I'd let my weight and fitness get out of control and decided in February that it was time I got something done. I found MFP about 4-5 days into my diet and the community here is really friendly and helpful with loads of great advice and I hope to stay on this great site until my goal is achieved.:happy:

So if there's anyone that would like to be friends, I'll happily add anyone and try my best to be supportive of your current goals.

Replies

• xNouvelleVie
    Options
    Hey Josh, I'm Holley!

I have some more to go than you. About 150-170 pounds, though I've lost 23 already)

I live across the pond, in Florida. You can definitely do this! People here are great and this site has really helped me and has kept me motivated and I'm sure it will do the same for you. Sent you a request :-)
  • ohkurt18
    ohkurt18 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Kurtney. I am 22 years old and in college and need to lose 100+ pounds. OF COURSE i will be YOUR friend!!! if you want that is.. :)
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey Josh, I'm Holley!

I have some more to go than you. About 150-170 pounds, though I've lost 23 already)

I live across the pond, in Florida. You can definitely do this! People here are great and this site has really helped me and has kept me motivated and I'm sure it will do the same for you. Sent you a request :-)

Hey :smile: Thanks for adding me :) We can keep each other motivated hopefully :happy:
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Kurtney. I am 22 years old and in college and need to lose 100+ pounds. OF COURSE i will be YOUR friend!!! if you want that is.. :)

Of course :) Friends are awesome.