HELP! My love interest wants me to just stay fat!

Options
This Valentine's Day my love interest decided to surprise me by sending me a bunch of presents. It was very thoughtful... but he also included a ton of CANDY! It was bad enough when I saw the huge box of chocolate in with my presents, but then he sent flowers to my work and those came with candy too! I'm beginning to think he wants me to either stop losing altogether or gain back the weight I've already lost. He always tells me he likes me the way I am while still being supportive of my goals, it's pretty suspicious. I think he must be lying considering he is male.

I smoked a medicinal substance last night and ate some of what came with the flowers and I don't know how much longer I can stay away from the big box... it has chocolates with peanut butter filling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Based on all of this I am really concerned he is trying to sabotage me. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Have someone you would NEVER make out with lick all remaining candies. Then give them away to the rest of your coworkers.
  • Trad78
    Trad78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dump him. Apparently, he doesn't want you to have a long and healthy life. Oh, and females lie just as much as males.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Maybe just be happy that he loves you for who you are. I wouldn't sweat eating a little more chocolate than normal around Valentine's Day. Many do.

As far as substances, those can truly hurt your weight loss progress. While working out helps, there is no way to make up for $17 worth of Fatburger at 2am because you just inhaled the best leaf north of Guatamala.

I wish you the best on your journey. It can be hard.

Homer

PS - I said "hard"
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Oh, and females lie just as much as males.

:noway:
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Is it possible he just gave you candy because he didn't know what else to get you for Valentine's day? If he claims to be supportive of your goals, you should give him the benefit of the doubt. If he starts to complain about your weight loss openly, then yes by all means call him out on it. But to me this just sounds like someone who wanted to go with a "safe bet" for the holiday and probably didn't consider how problematic that would be for you.

My husband kept giving me plants every freaking year. I finally told him to stop, I didn't need another plant to take care of.

This year he just gave me roses, and I was very happy!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Put a hit out. Pay the hit man with candy.

Boom.
  • homerjspartan
    Options

I agree, this is a silly statement. Females lie WAY more than males.

Just silly.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I doubt any of this actually happened.
  • MB_Positif
    Options

I agree, this is a silly statement. Females lie WAY more than males.

Just silly.

:explode:
  • MB_Positif
    Options

You calling the OP...a...liar!? :huh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I can personally attest to at least one part of the story.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    ETA: LOL - didn't check OP first.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Put a hit out. Pay the hit man with candy.

Boom.

OMG - or this. :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

*gigglesnorts*
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Send them to me. I will pay postage.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Early in my marriage my DH would find treats to bring home when he knew I was exercising. After a while, I realized two things.
    1) he was feeling insecure
    2) he likes curvy girls, or he wouldnt have picked me!

So, i simply told him one day that I love his gifts and nights out to eat, but I want a long and happy life with him. I didnt want one where I was obese or unhealthy...and for this to happen, I needed his support.

After that, I got flowers, not cheesecake. I got raquet ball dates, not dinner, movies and candy....and I lost 70 lbs with him supporting me.
    I gained some back and am working on it again, but he is totally on board, bc he knows if makes me happy to be healthy.

You just have to word it the right way, :)
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Is it possible he just gave you candy because he didn't know what else to get you for Valentine's day? If he claims to be supportive of your goals, you should give him the benefit of the doubt. If he starts to complain about your weight loss openly, then yes by all means call him out on it. But to me this just sounds like someone who wanted to go with a "safe bet" for the holiday and probably didn't consider how problematic that would be for you.

My husband kept giving me plants every freaking year. I finally told him to stop, I didn't need another plant to take care of.

This year he just gave me roses, and I was very happy!

No, that's the strange part. The rest of his gifts were extremely creative! That's why I think he is just trying to sabotage me.
  • homerjspartan
    Options

*gigglesnorts*

I have a feeling this has to do with previously mentioned leaf and a bong made out of a twisty straw and someone's hollowed out wooden leg.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    WTH????? Move on! Dump him! He is a self centered dweeb that might end up cheating on you. My EX husband was that way.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    He's trying to get you fatter so he has a valid reason to break up with you.