waitressing

so I waitress on weekends for usually about 4 hours on a Friday and Saturday

should I bother logging this? I'm on my feet and moving around and my profile is set to sedentary, but yeah. Was wondering if anyone else has this with part time jobs? Like, is the burn enough to warrant putting it up? And if so, how long for, because I spend a fair amount of time just standing.

Thanks

Replies

• Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Definitely, you should log it since you're set to sedentary and are using the MFP/eat back exercise calories method.

If you're trying to build muscle, you don't want to be in a deficit. But waitressing can only help, provided you're logging it/eating enough.

All of this stuff is just an estimate, but it's better than not logging for sure.
  • amygauv
    amygauv Posts: 17 Member
    I only log 1/3 of the time I'm there. Usually like 100-200 calories for 5 hours.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Just go with some low number, like under 400.

Stick to whatever you choose though, so you will know how to make effective adjustments if/when you don't get the results you want.

I personally feel the Sedentary setting to be too low for anyone who has any type of job at all - or who goes to school or cares for children. At least that has been my experience and seems to be a common theme here.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Just go with some low number, like under 400.

Stick to whatever you choose though, so you will know how to make effective adjustments if/when you don't get the results you want.

I personally feel the Sedentary setting to be too low for anyone who has any type of job at all - or who goes to school or cares for children. At least that has been my experience and seems to be a common theme here.

CMR is very wise.
    I agree with all. I'd give myself a smaller fixed amount extra for those days and adjust from there as necessary.
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Let's have a lifestyle discussion thread!

Were you losing weight, I'd say leave it be and revel in extra weight loss, but gaining weight you could bump yourself to "lightly active" a couple days a week and revel in the sweet, sweet gains. If you feel like you're starving hungry those days, I would suggest logging work as "exercise" (slow walking or something) and eat back the calories. It really depends on how you feel those days compared to the rest of the week, and if you think you can perform your job on a certain calorie intake.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member

Were you losing weight, I'd say leave it be and revel in extra weight loss, but gaining weight you could bump yourself to "lightly active" a couple days a week and revel in the sweet, sweet gains. If you feel like you're starving hungry those days, I would suggest logging work as "exercise" (slow walking or something) and eat back the calories. It really depends on how you feel those days compared to the rest of the week, and if you think you can perform your job on a certain calorie intake.

if you only knew, moontyrant, if you only knew.
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member

if you only knew, moontyrant, if you only knew.
    So mysterious! Lend me your wisdom; I am a basin, waiting to be filled with facts.
  • stinkypoopy
    stinkypoopy Posts: 24 Member
    Log it.

And then make sure you eat everyone's leftovers. Gaining weight and all that.