URGENT QUESTIONS >>>>>>>URGENT HELP NEEDED

Options
2»

Replies

• health1971
    Options
    All the previous post have given you great advise :bigsmile: ...

You can also try Recipe4Living :wink: ...

Good luck and if you need a friend add me :glasses: ...

-Ivonne

Taking a step at a time to reach my goal always :flowerforyou: ...
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I cannot afford a neutrissionist ( bad spelling ) but need a plan to start shedding these pounds . The doctor has given me the OK to exercise but still offered no diet , instead wanting to send me to a neutrisonist .

Step by step. Don't try to do it all at once, and KISS.

Set your daily calorie goal to 2500 calories/day. Set your macros to 40/30/30 (carbs/protein/fat). Log the snot out of everything you eat. EVERYTHING.

Don't worry about exercise or eating back exercise calories or any of that. Just walk when you can, as much as you can.

Assuming you're doing it right, you *will* be losing weight doing this.

Do this until it feels like second nature, which will take a couple of months (or more, depending on the person), and then come back and start a conversation about next steps.

Good luck!
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'll add my voice to the advice of putting your stats into MFP. Eat at the calories suggested. Weigh everything that goes into your mouth, and make sure to Log it all so you have an accurate picture of your intake. Keep reading these forums especially the ones people have kindly given you the links too and finally be patient. Know that you are not alone. There are many inspiring stories and knowledgeable people on here who would be more than willing to help.

I know it's easier said than done, but you didn't get to the weight you are overnight and you won't lose it overnight either. Please tho, go back to your Doctor and be completely upfront with him about your issues. It seems to me that it would be wise to have at least some basic checks on the state of your health, particularly before attempting exercise at your weight.

As Mr Knight said (sorry I don't know how to use quotes as yet) KISS. Weight loss is actually simple....eat less calories than you need and you will lose weight.

I have sent you a personal message. Feel free to friend me as I would like to lend my support and encouragement. All the best.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    If you can get it covered, the person you want to see is a "registered dietitian" anybody can call themselves a nutritionist. The registered dietitian is usually covered under health insurance.

Dietitians usually follow the US pyramid or Canada food guide which is essentially a balanced diet.

One change at a time, keep it slow and steady.
  • snbouchard81
    snbouchard81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You can usually find a pedometer reasonably priced. From my personal experience, I have walked a lot more when I had one on (I don't know why--maybe because it gave me a goal to reach and that was incentive enough?). That would be my recommendation.

Or if you have a smart phone, I am falling in love with the map my walk app. I downloaded it a while ago, so I don't remember how much it was. But I only started using it recently (hence the falling in love rather than fallen in love).
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Plenty of people lose weight and get healthy without ever seeing a nutritionist or a dietitian. It wouldn't hurt, but it isn't necessary either. Losing weight is hard, but it isn't complicated. Set one small goal at a time and you will get there.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    All of the above plus take a good look at WHAT you are consuming and make little changes!

For example if you cut out all of your drinks that contain calories and try to stick to water and tea for a while, this alone should already help.

Drinks can contain tons of calories.

Stef.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You don't need a dietitian. Trust me on that... I've done much better weight-loss wise without one.

Just use this site. Get a 'lose 2 lbs a week' goal. Weigh everything you eat. Log it. Stay under your goal. You will lose weight.