Office Workers - Lets beat the chubby blues!

Options
Hello, I'm Shiona, I'm 22, I have 91 Ibs to lose... let's be friends!! xx

Replies

• AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    Hello new friend! Friend request sent!! Happy Hump Day! xx :flowerforyou:
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Rebecca work in an office next to the pizza factory imagine the smell on my lunch time walk!! I'd love to be friends :)
  • RB12000
    Options
    Hey guys! Office work is bad for snacking, I am not good at staying away from chocolates.... so I like to chew trident to help stay on track! I'm 28 :) Have a great one, ladies!
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    I'm an office worker too, I work on the 5th floor of an office block in Manchester, England and the wind is ricocheting round the building and the rain is thundering down - it's sooooooo depressing.
    We've also just had a vending machine installed full of crisps and chocolate:grumble:

So what are some calorie burning exercises we can all do whilst stuck at our desks?
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Shiona! As a fellow office worker I'll give you this tip. Take 15 to 20 min. out of your lunch time to go for a walk. It really helps you get through the day. Good luck!
  • fab4runner
    fab4runner Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I work in an office...I don't snack a lot but I do sit in a chair 7 hours a day. Not exactly a great way to burn calories! Luckily I get an hour lunch and am trying to walk for 15-20 minutes each day when the weather cooperates.
  • noonebutshi
    Options
    Thanks so much! What's hump day? lol xx
  • noonebutshi
    Options
    Hey I'm Rebecca work in an office next to the pizza factory imagine the smell on my lunch time walk!! I'd love to be friends :)

Oh my goodness! It's like that here too, my office just up from an Indian takeaway! It smells fabulous! Luckily, when the smell gets in full swing… I'm going home for dinner (after the gym of course) Does anyone here go to Curves gym? Xxx
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I'm Jenn, I'm a loan officer at a credit union and I'm sitting all day long. I've started trying to walk on my lunch hours and that has helped a lot. We can do this!! I'll add you as a friend. Welcome again

Jenn
  • fab4runner
    fab4runner Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hump Day is Wednesday because the week is half over...as in you're over the hump to the weekend.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! What's hump day? lol xx

Hump Day is Wednesday because it's the middle of the work week. :smile:
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    Office Exercises:
    - place hands on the edge of the desk and push yourself away from the desk and pull yourself back 10 times. Do 5 reps of this if possible. Make sure your feet are off the ground during this exercise.
    - place hands on the edge of your desk and twist your chair to the right all the way and hold for 10 long seconds (feet off the ground). Do the same to the left and hold 10 long seconds. Do four reps of each side.
    - While sitting on your chair, face your chair to a empty area and lift BOTH feet (until legs are parallel to the floor) and hold for 5 seconds. Clench your abs at the same time. You can use your chair arms for support. Do 10 reps.
    - While sitting in your chair, bicycle our legs in the air for 20 seconds. Do 10 reps.

Off you go folks!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Another office worker here....walking during lunch is good. If you have an office instead of a cube you can shut your door a couple times a day and do some pushups, toe touches, body wt squats, little things add up throughout the day. We have a long hall way that separates office from production area and I try to walk up and down that hall a few times a day (even if its only a couple minutes) it all helps ANY movement is better than sitting. Even just doing some stretches in your chair throughout the day can help.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I work in an office but i'm off sick today. i find it much easier to eat healthily when i'm working because i'm in a routine and so busy. I find it harder at home, like today when the pringles are calling my name out of the cupboard and i've already had my daily allowance.
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    I work in an office too, and I try to get up and ask questions or talk to other people face to face as opposed to e-mail, chat or phone as much as possible. I also go upstairs almost every time I use the bathroom just to keep moving around. And drink LOTS of water or other fluids, as it will make you get up more often to either fill your cup or use the bathroom! :wink:

Good luck on your weight loss journey!
    I do that, I get up to the water-cooler every hour and use the bathroom 2 flights up - every little helps. And I never bring money to work, just my calorie counted packed lunch so I don't get tempted by the vending machine.
  • shmobean
    shmobean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I found this website last week, love it so far. I like the way it tracks what you eat and your exercise.
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm an office worker too! I'm the Customer Serivce manager and I sit the majority of the day.....and guess what? We have a Birthday in the office today.....and that means CAKE!!!! OH NO - NOT CAKE!!!! It's always a challenge.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    In a cube farm as I type this. I snack but on good stuff. Grape tomatoes, fat free pretzels, yogurt, bananas, caramel flavored rice cakes, granola--the list goes on and on. I try to stay away during the monthly "birthday celebration" but most times I have a slither of cake anyway. Slither.