I really need support!

Options
Hey,
I've been going through a really hard time lately and I suffer with depression, and it's making it really difficult to feel motivated to exercise and keep positive. My main problem is when I'm stressed and down I tend to stop eating, and I completely lose my appetite. I've tried drinking meal replacement shakes when this happened, but are there anyways to avoid losing my appetite?
Also I could just really use some support and guidance, feeling a little lost right now.

Replies

• Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi Roseanne,

I have also suffered from mild depression.

First question, are you currently seeing a doctor or therapist about the depression? If not, I really encourage you to do so.

Second, I know it can be REALLY hard to get motivated while depressed, but once you begin doing those things, like exercise, it does help. Even if all you do is go for a 10 minute walk today, at least try to do that.

As for the third step, I don't really know what advice to give, I know it concerned my mother how much my appetite decreased when I was at the worst of my depression/illness, and she would make sure she made me a meal and that I sat down and ate at least some of it. She made a lot of vegetable soups, things like that, which were easy to get down.

*Hugs* I know it might not feel like it know, but with the right support and steps you can get through this.
  • Rozzii_
    Rozzii_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thankyou :)
    I'm not seeing a doctor because I wouldn't like to take medication, I know it works wonders for people, it's just in the past they've had really horrible side effects and I often felt worse when trying them.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a therapist, I'm currently at university and there's a student therapist do you think they could be helpful?
    I do try and force myself to do something everyday, but I feel like I'm dragging a lead weight and would rather be in bed.
    I could try soups, my problem with the lack of appetite is even the smell of food will put me off when I feel like this. I'll be sure to take vitamin tablets and drink lots of water though.
    thanks again :)
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I used to take antidepressant medications, they.didn't.work.
    So, I stopped taking them.
    I am doing so much better now that I am just using natural herbals. I'd tell you more about it, but I can't on here.
    I wish you the best.:flowerforyou:
  • Rozzii_
    Rozzii_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thankyou Jezebel9 :)