What is a realistic time to finish a 5K?

Options
2»

Replies

• MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    38-40mins for 5km on jog path. Aiming to get it complete at less than 30mins for 5km

I frequently have dawn jogging to beach for fresh air abt 3km (total distance)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    it really depends on the person,level of training and preparation.

I personally believe it's more important to enjoy the event, especially if it is your first one.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    it really depends on the person,level of training and preparation.

I personally believe it's more important to enjoy the event, especially if it is your first one.

It's all just the mentality on how you want your body to perform well, if your determination is strong..of course You can do it!! ^_^
  • LisaP0921
    LisaP0921 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked this! I'm currently training for my first 5k too and have been taking the approach of running as much as feels comfortable then taking short walk breaks. I'm not worried about time yet, just going the entire distance each time I train and trying to push myself as much as I can. I run sloooowwww so just try to finish the distance slightly faster each day I run. I think the most important thing in the end is feeling like you are prepared enough to just enjoy it and be proud of your accomplishments. Good luck!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    It takes me 32 minutes - no walking - I'm aiming for 30.