Has anyone lost 30 or 35 pounds in 3 months?

Options
Any experience peoples

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Any experience peoples

took me about 6
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you have to lose. I lost my first 35lbs in just over 3 months, however it slowed down quite a bit after that and took me about 9 months to lose 55lbs.

Eta: OP I see you only have 35lbs to lose. It probably won't happen in 3 months if you actually want to keep it off.
  • hindustani24
    hindustani24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have lost around 31 pounds in last 66 days (2 months and 4 days).
  • omatga
    omatga Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I haven't personally because I didn't have much to lose. But many people in my challenge groups have in less then 3 months. And it's a healthy way to do it, a sustainable life change, not a diet. It can totally be done!
  • protein321
    protein321 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have. It's possible because the higher BF% you are the easier it is to lose weight at the start. I lost about 40lb.
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I did, actually I lost 47lbs in just about 3mths BUT I started out at 295lbs with 150lbs to lose, was eating a ton of take out, junk food & not exercising. Stopping just those things alone was huge for me then add in eating more fish, chicken, fruit, cutting out certain foods entirely & drinking water plus exercising regularly it seemed to just melt off me. Its a lifestyle change though not a diet. It's easier the bigger you are. If someone else at 150lbs tried to do the same thing their body wouldn't necessarily respond the same because they don't have as much fat on them as I did when I started.

I should also note that I started out with 2070 cals per day, ate about 1800 of those & never ate back my exercise calories simply because I didn't need them. Now I have 1490 & I eat as close to those as I can every day, occasionally do go over but its not the end of the world. If I have exercise calories I try not to eat them all but do on occasion use 100 or so if I need them.
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    20 in one month here
  • MrsBryant923
    MrsBryant923 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just lost 30lbs in 3 months. I also have a lot to loose. I do 30 mins. of cardio everyday and strength train 3 days a week (2 with a personal trainer and 1 on my own). I eat lean proteins and veggies with one cheat meal a week. I starting having a cheat meal after 2 months of clean eating. it's very doable! Good Luck!
  • stefanieraya
    stefanieraya Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It absolutely can be done!
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have. I've lost 83# since 7/8/13, so that's an average of about 11# a month. But I started with a total of 141# to lose in total. I lost 19# the first month, but that was going from NO exercise to a minimum of an hour a day walking and totally following my diet program during that initial month. So it is doable. But I don't think I'll be losing at this rate for the long term. Now that I'm more than half-way, there are weeks that I will lose a pound. So it all depends on where you're beginning, your diet plan and your exercise plan.
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I once lost 45 pounds in about 4 months. How? Eating way under my calories, taking Farenheit then HCG,and doing a lot of cardio. I always felt like crap, I was always grumpy,and even though I had lost the weight, my body didn't look good at all. I looked ill and flabby. In the next year, I gained back 65 pounds, that's 20 more than I started with! Now, I'm having a difficult time losing it,but would rather be able to maintain my progress than have my weight and size all over the chart. So, slow and steady with realistic goals and eating habits.

*edit to say that I only had 55 pounds to lose the first time around*
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I'm on track to lose 30 in 3 months. I have been tracking my calorie count on here, but I eat what I want while staying in those calories. I do T25 Focus 5 days a week, I lift 3-4 and I run on the weekend. It's definitely doable.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    With about 60lbs to lose total. It took me almost a year to lose 30 - 40lbs.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    It really is going to depend on how much that person has to lose and other factors as well, but it took me about a year to lose 24 lbs, but I don't have much to lose and only keep a small deficit daily.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot of weight to lose, yes, it is possible. If you don't have a lot of weight to lose and just want to lose that 30-35 lbs, expect a 1 lb per week loss. The only way to really lose that amount of weight in 3 months would require unhealthy calorie deficits, general misery, and crankiness. No need to do that when you can fuel your body properly, eat plenty of food, and still lose.

This link has great info, as do the links within it. Slow and steady is the way to go on this journey. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants