Moving onto Level 2 of the 30DS

Options
Hey everyone,

I've just completed Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred. I've been doing it for 10 days so far (Monday - Friday), and I'm supposed to move onto Level 2 tomorrow.

I can do the second and third circuit without stopping, however I really have problems with finishing the first circuit in one go. I always find I'm stopping it a couple of times (once after the first strength set, as I find I can do more press ups after stopping, than in comparison to one or two), and twice during the cardio as I'm so out of breath. It's quite annoying really, as I thought I'd be able to do it all after 10 days.

I'm just wondering if I should move onto Level 2 tomorrow, or wait until I can do all of Level 1 in one go before moving on? I've had a quick look at Level 2, and it is certainly a step up from Level 1.

All of your opinions would be much appreciated!

Replies

• 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yes your breathlessness is a good guide. For safety your heart rate had best not go over 150, if you are just ten days into the plan, if it does you need to slow down, you are still improving with every workout at the Level 1. One measure of fitness is how fast your heart rate returns to baseline after you have raised it significantly like from 80 to 150. Another gauge is your breath; same thing, both will return to baseline more quickly, the more adapted your body actually is to that level.