Shoe help please

Options
Hi

I am pretty much lost on what type of shoes I should be looking for. I walk outside and do fitness walking inside. I'd like to do different dvds in the future but my feet hurt too much.
I have super high arches and a larger foot (size 10)

Do I look for a walking shoe, running shoe, cross trainer? I don't know which I am supposed to get

thanks
Jade

Replies

• Jollybeard
    Jollybeard Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think your best bet would be to go to a store specializing in running gear. Ask someone there to recommend a shoe. They will probably measure your arch and evaluate your gait to find a shoe that supports you in the right places.

Short of that, you might try to evaluate your own shoe needs using an online tool like the one found here: http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaev_prd/on/demandware.static/Sites-BrooksRunning-Site/Sites-BrooksRunning-Library/default/v1392557639743/brooks_shoe_advisor/Default.htm

Brooks makes great shoes, BTW.
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that

The calculator only gave me one shoe option. I guess I will have to drag myself to a store (groan, I hate shopping)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, so anyone who knows more than me... Feel free to correct me.

My suggestion is going to a running store to get fitted. I know at my local one they can also make custom inserts which are are awesome for my high arches

However... If you are going to do different work out DVDs... I wouldn't recommend a running shoe. They don't offer much in lateral side to side support. Which is where a cross trainer might be more ideal.