I need someone for motivation

Options
Hello everyone,
My name is Jane, and I would like to have someone who would help and encourage me to reach my goals.
Here is a little info about me
I'm 26
156 lbs
5.3 in
My goal weight is 130 total of 26lbs to lose :(
I have a gym membership but never go and keep making excuses ... But not anymore I'm really determined now ..
Can someone tell me about a workout that I can do and have good results with it .. Im willing to go 3 times a week to the gym.. I usually like the treadmill the most and sometimes I go for the spinning class .. Those are my favorite by far .. Any other suggestions as to how much I should I exercise every time?
Please I need someone to encourage me throughout my journey .. I have tried so many times before and always lose hope fast as I do it alone .. Thank you. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'd start with some classes. Take a class each time you go. Try various classes to see what you like. If you're like me, you'll love them all and end up taking them as often as you can, even doubling up often (two classes in a row). Once you find a reason to look forward to going to the gym, you'll stop finding excuses to skip and start finding excuses to go more often!

For me, I look forward to my double days because I get to eat more. I also like taking my littlest boy so he can spend a couple hours playing with kids his age (he's not in school yet, so it's important for him to get some socialization, too!) I also look forward to the possibility of making friends, and I reeeeally look forward to yoga in particular. I've created a well-rounded schedule that satisfies all my fitness goals.... running every third day with long runs on Saturday (training for a half-marathon), multiple spin classes per week for leg conditioning and knee mobility/strength, cardio circuit plus to get in a nice full body burn, hardcore abs to work on the core, and yoga to lengthen, strengthen, and improve my mobility (I have had a knee surgery and broken foot in the past year).

Explore everything your gym offers. You may be surprised at what you like! I didn't think I'd like spin but I was wrong.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Read Starting Strength, Stronglifts, or The New Rules of Lifting.

If you hit your calorie goals while getting adequate protein and strength training, then most of the weight you lose will be fat.
  • laineyshannon
    Options
    Hi Jane,

My name is Sara and I am 20 years old. Right now I am at 163lbs, and my goal weight is 135lbs. I am also searching for some motivation. This is my first time ever trying to really get rid of the weight. I rent space in my parents house with my fiance and my family members are all quite large, and constantly bring home fast food, donuts, cookies, and soda. It's so hard to say no to my sister when she offers me french fries, and I think if I continue to try to do this on my own, I will give up. I've been counting calories for only five days, but I have seen some results, and my fiance is being supportive to an extent, but an extra person to help push me forward would be really appreciated.

Send me a friend request if you want. :) Good luck with everything.
    -Sara
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Strength training is something your going to want to add in at some point to achieve a nice toned look. I agree though, try out some different classes and see what you like the best. Changing things up ensures you're getting a full body workout each week.
  • Bmdashe
    Bmdashe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 25 pounds to lose, so we are in the same boat!
  • JasminHyde
    Options
    Hey :)

exercise for me was always a chore and also was one of the people that felt embarrassed to go to a gym or run the streets, so i started at home.

I live in student accomodation so have rather a small space to work in. First thing i did was buy a skipping rope - i used to love skipping as a child and i thought that maybe this would bring the fun back into exercising and it worked...

now that im fitter im brave enough to venture out to exercise and have begun to take a jog around the city including the major Steep hill thats soo steep it has a handrail. But i still do my room workouts and these will not stop untill im 100% happy to exercise in front of complete strangers.. these consist of:

25 rope jumps

25 boxers rope jumps (faster + more vigorous)

25 stomach crunches

25 squats

25 desk push ups

so really i work around the number 25 - but it started at 10 and has just been easier to keep going untill the number slowly rose. And on a really energetic day I will repeat the circuit once or twice more :D good luck with your journey
  • SavageAbbey
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • mw0cvw
    mw0cvw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Jane

I have lost 64 pounds in 304 days with Diet and Gym.

Look at my profile on MFP and see change.

Glad to answer any questions best of luck

Paul.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    I was 186lbs and my goal is 140lbs. So far I have lost a stone in 6 weeks.

Feel free to add me, I post regularly on here!

The key is to keep reminding yourself why you are losing weight and of your goal, this always helps me.