wieght gain

Options
i am too thin only weighs 90 lb as my height is 5.8 feet. could you please help me to what to do?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • soomroayaz
    Options
    i am doing so and also exercising since 10 days but no improvement is yet achieved. can you suggest me more please?
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary, so we can see what you have been eating.
    An active male needs at least 2500 calories, probably more since you want to gain weight.
    Figure out your TDEE, and eat around that: http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am doing so and also exercising since 10 days but no improvement is yet achieved. can you suggest me more please?

Eat even more...

What exercise are you doing?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think you need to see a doctor as that weight is what I would call dangerously low, for your gender and height.
  • Seemberg
    Options
    I agree that you should see a dr as that is seriously underweight. I too am trying to gain weight and a nutritionist told me that calories are way more important than nutrients right now. The easiest calories are in sugar and fat. I've switched to whole milk, and she even has me adding cream to my smoothies and lattes. I eat the highest fat yoghurt I can find (18 g) and more meat. It's working, I'm gaining weight! If you like chips and candy, they are easy, fast, high calories.
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    I wish I had this problem
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I think you need to see a doctor as that weight is what I would call dangerously low, for your gender and height.
    Actually many indian/filipino/eatern asian men are genetically incredibly skinny and hard gainers. While I wouldn't rule out seeing a doctor (always good before embarking on a fitness regimen), it's all going to be about food and LOTS of it. The exercise part doesn't even matter at all until he puts some weight on. In fact exercise will just make it harder for him to gain, and that should be priority number one.

So OP my suggestion would to be eat a LOT. Eat even when you're not hungry. If you can't do it all at once, slowly add more and more food each day, but as others said we'd be able to get much more specific if we could see your diary.