Portable, High Protein, Low Fat

Options
Hey everyone! I know this may sound like an easy question, but there are a lot of things that are out already. I'm a student, so I need something easy and portable to pull out of my bag and eat during class, without much smell or noise. I like having a light breakfast, and i'm usually hungry by 3rd period (lunch is 6th) So...

1) Hard Boiled Eggs are out, between refridgeration and their smell
2) i'm not a fan of protein shakes/bars. There's so much crap in them generally. Even though they keep me full, The stuff like stevia and the artificial sweeteners make my stomach turn.
3) I have a Hiatal Hernia/ GERD, so i'd like to avoid high fat options. I'm willing to try peanut butter and cheese, but I know it's not the best thing for my conditon

I know i'm being very picky, but any suggestions would be very helpful! Also, it doesn't really have to be High protein; just filling, and low fat (and around 200 cal). Thank you!

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    jerky
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    jerky

+1
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Nuts or Peanutbutter are always good and portable You can also use some granola bars that have greek yogurt on them and still avoid stevia or other things Jerky is always good
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    The vegan protein shakes are dried and powdered with no additives. The taste is not much, but you don't have to worry about that - just chug it down.

eg: Pulisn vegan protein shake, based on Chick Peas.
    eg: Soya Isolate, just the rotein isolated from soya beans.
  • epemae
    epemae Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i like a couple of pieces of low sodium turkey from the deli rolled up with a little hummus inside.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    jerky

+1

+2

Jack Link's Matador is a good jerky. It's not super tough like some jerky...so you don't feel like you're gnawing on a rawhide.
  • jesserunsfree
    jesserunsfree Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Greek Fage yogurt o% with your choice of fruit added.