Best Protein Powder with only water?? College Student

Options
Good morning everyone!

I am a college student, still living in the dorms, and all of my meals are campus foods. I KNOW that I do not eat enough protein (everything is either covered in sauce or comes in the form of burgers.)

I was looking into getting a good protein powder that I could use as a meal replacement! Problem is, at this time, I do NOT have a fridge or blender in my room. Since school's over in a matter of months, its too late to get one for the cost this year.

So, do you have any protein powders that you recommend mixing PURELY with water?? Something that tastes yummy and isn't crazy expensive. I'm also looking to use this as a meal replacement on days I'm running crazy.

I saw someone talk about Gaspari Myofusion chocolate; but wanted to see what other options people recommend!! I don't really like vanilla, but chocolate and strawberry sound yummy.

Thank You!! happy sunday!

Replies

• jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard
    Any of their chocolate flavors will do, I believe double chocolate has the most servings per 5lb.
  • Lyn8944
    Options
    Hey I am in college too and I am currently trying out this protein powder called "Organic Whole Nectar Protein Smoothie Mix". It keeps me full and there is no gross chalky after taste. The protein mix's function is to not build muscles- just to keep you full. I am not sure about mixing it with just water but the taste is subtle, it dissolves easily, and I love it. Purchased it at Costco. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • traerjudy
    traerjudy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You could always purchase a box of powdered milk to mix in with what you choose. Good luck.
  • plugers
    plugers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll second the ON Gold, I have the vanilla ice cream flavor and it tastes good with water too. Better with milk though.

What about some of the boxed milks that don't need refrigeration, like coconut milk. I would stay away from soy though, I've read it raises estrogen levels. By how much I'm not sure though.
  • Murphy0126
    Murphy0126 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Allmax Isoflex or Allmax Allwhey have some of the best tasting flavours I have ever tried. Isoflex is significantly more expensive then Allwhey though.

Rob