Biggest Out-to-Eat Disappointment

Options

Replies

• ceredonia
    Options
    Pizza...sigh. I used to go to this place called Positano's near our house with my husband all the time. One slice is nearly 400cals...I used to get 2, sometimes 3! We went yesterday, I only got ONE, but it was so delicious. -___-

Jeez, I just looked up Chili's Chicken Crispers, and they're 1210cals! :noway: :sad: Guess I should stop going to Chilis all the time!!

Quiznos is surprisingly not bad, for me--I get the Honey Bourbon Chicken sub, usually a regular, and it's only 450 WITH everything--I always get it without everything except for the sauce (yeah, I know, I need to eat my veggies!). Still kinda high though. :|
  • itisnot_me
    Options
    one thing.

Carne Asada Fries

they are soooooo great but yet one plate it over 2k
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Most restaurant chains out in Cali are required to have nutritional info now.

Big disappointed taste wise was a trip to Red Lobster.
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Restuarant margaritas. I love them, not to sound like a lush, but I can knock back two jumbos. I nearly fainted when I found out how many calories on average were in those suckers. At least I know where my weight problems started (and continue to be).:drinker:
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Chili's and it's been awhile since I been since the nearest one is an hour away (we have an applebee's 5 mins from our house and i tell my husband I wish it was Chili's instead)

my fave meal I get all the time is Margarita Grilled Chicken - so went to the site and checked it out - only 600 cals which to me is not to bad especially when I save my eating out on free days.
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Got it yesterday. Huge plate of food for the calories! Lovin the black beans.
  • abbracadabra
    Options
    I try to stay away from restaurants but I use this site and the online menus to plan ahead and gently suggest to my friends to pick somewhere else. Last week we went to one of my favorite little bistros where everything is prepared simply and they have KILLER martinis
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Breve Latte - 600 calories. I will miss you breve.:sad:
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Husband wanted steak the other day, so we went to Outback, since I could actually look up the calories, etc. beforehand (as opposed to somewhere like Black Angus that doesn't have it yet). I had three options. I got there, and NONE of them were on the menu!! I was so mad! I asked and they couldn't make me any of them. So I was deciding between an appetizer (coconut shrimp) and the French Onion soup. I had seen both on the menu online but had discounted them because they had too much fat. But they were on the lower end, so I'm deciding. The menu in restaurant does not list the full fat info- only saturated, which is really annoying. Sooooooo I thought that the FO soup with 7g sat fat would be better than the shrimp with 13. BOY WAS I WRONG!! 32g of fat in the d@mn soup!!!! I cannot even express how angry I was when I got home and put it into my diary. >< Would have been better off with the shrimp! :grumble:
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    We don't really eat out so much, as here in Norway the average restaurant meal for two adults costs between $80-$150+++, and thats not going anywhere *fancy*!!!:noway:

.....but a great tip I heard recently was to just halve whatever you have ordered.....simply eat half. At least then you're only eating half the calories!!:drinker:
  • Wtbyerdoc
    Options
    /ruby Tuesday veggie burgers are over 800 calories as well as their turkey burgers!!!
  • ceredonia
    Options
    Went to a local place here called Coopersmith's, they make amazing burgers--for nearly 700cals, just for the burger! OW! /sad
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Went to Island's today. Really wasn't sure what I was going to have, but ended up choosing the Sleek Greek Salad for 341 calories! Awesome! It was really really good and I didn't end up eating all of it. I got the dressing on the side, so I'm sure it wasn't the entire 341 calories, but I wasn't sure how much to take off for that so I just put it all. It's a little high in sodium (almost 900 mg), but that's still pretty good for a restaurant meal.

Just wanted to report in on an out-to-eat triumph and not disappointment! Still had plenty calories left over to have a homemade grilled steak dinner. YUM!

Happy eating out!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I knew it wasn't low cal but I thought if I ate 1/2 a cornbread muffin from Famous Dave's I would be fairly safe. Got home, looked it up, only to find that one single muffin had 600 calories.

MY HUBBY IS A MANAGER AT FAMOUS DAVE'S!!! Small world! lol :blushing:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I had to stop eating at Quiznos. I loved their salads but holy cow! The Raspberry Chipolte Chicken Chopped salad is 710 calories with 30 fat grams.

I guess that's not bad if you plan on doing Zumba class later that day. lol
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    Olive Garden .
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    went to Panera today and they now put the calories right on the menu board. It was an eye opener.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    buffalo wild wings - the salad was only iceburg lettuce. when eating out at other chain restaurants, i am used to at least a mixture with some darker greens. bummer.
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Olive Garden .

Word. The minestrone is ok for you but everything else is just obnoxious. My friend works there and gave me the tip though - you can sub in whole wheat pasta for any pasta dish. It's not on the menu and they won't tell you about it but if you ask you will receive. I try to avoid it but it's my dad's favorite and if I just get the soup he gives me sad puppy eyes so I've taken to ordering the Capellini Pomodoro with wheat substitution and eating half... and then working my butt off later to pay for it.

Sigh.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    Olive Garden .

Word. The minestrone is ok for you but everything else is just obnoxious. My friend works there and gave me the tip though - you can sub in whole wheat pasta for any pasta dish. It's not on the menu and they won't tell you about it but if you ask you will receive. I try to avoid it but it's my dad's favorite and if I just get the soup he gives me sad puppy eyes so I've taken to ordering the Capellini Pomodoro with wheat substitution and eating half... and then working my butt off later to pay for it.

Sigh.

Oh, I absolutely LOVE Olive Garden. When I first started my journey here, I was like OK, I can still eat out at Olive Garden... it happened once. Their Chicken Marsala is my favorite, and I can drool thinking about it~