HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOO (in my Mrs. Doubtfire voice) ;)

Hello,
I’ve been using MFP for almost three years and over the course of those three years I have lost 60lbs and gained some fantastic friends. However, this very last year has been the hardest year with this weight loss. I have about 45lbs left to lose and it is like my body just doesn’t want to let it go this year. Now, I’ve recommitted. I’ve started a nice exercise routine and changed my eating habits. The weight is slowly coming off. It is taking time but it is happening.

Weight: 184
Goal weight: 130-135

The point? I’m looking for MFPs who will help support me as I achieve my ultimate goal. I want MFPS who will share the good, bad and the ugly parts of their journey, too. I’m a realist. I won’t go on a fad diet. I love to eat and drink. I love to try different things. I want to continue to lose weight in a healthy manner and I’m looking for MFPS who are doing the same.
Now, I’ve made a post like this before a few months ago and gained mfps. I would support them every day but there was no love back. I don’t want that this time. Please, only add me if you’re willing to be a true my fitness pal. I love supporting everyone I meet and I have done so over the course of my life, but I, too, need support… now, more than ever.
Thanks for listening. I am looking forward to “meeting” some new pals.

Replies

• nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Hello.
    I will add you now. Im pretty new to MFP being on nearly 5 weeks and lost 16 lb so far. I started at 183 lb and ideally i want to be around 150 lb. I like the community on here and like to comment on posts etc with other active members. Im totally honest with logging even though i dont like seeing the - red. X
  • curlysue06
    curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
    Looking forward to walking this journey with you! Oh and congrats on the 16lbs loss! That is huge! Keep truckin' and youll reach your goal.

ps. I hate seeing the red, too. But sometimes, it just happens.
  • InnaBallerina
    InnaBallerina Posts: 6 Member
    Added you! Love me some Mrs. Doubtfire ;)
  • Added you! Our goals are similar; age 32, CW:182 GW:140 UGW: 130-135 Aaannd... love to eat! :smile:
  • curlysue06
    Inna- Me, too! Such a great movie! I was hoping some people would remember Mrs. Doubtfire! :)

4miss- Thanks. Our goals are similar. haha. yes! i love me some goooood food and wine. Ive come to the conclusion that i want to be healthy but i dont want to deprive myself of the things i love. Now, this doesnt mean i go crazy and drink 5 bottles of wine... but a glass of wine once in awhile isnt going to kill me.
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Its about changing how we think and feel about food. I love food and wine but i need to have it in moderation and excercise to earn it. But once in a while we all deserve a treat. X
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    This is how I feel too! I want to eat real food and lose and it is happening slowly for me. I try to eat better all the time. I keep making small changes to gain the better me.
    I am due to have knee surgery soon but I am on here every day and comment on all my friends that post every day.
    Add me if you want. :)
    Good Luck!
  • curlysue06
    Nlb- exactly!!:)

Lightbulb- ill be happy to add you. Knee surgery? Yikes!
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Sent you a FR! :)
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    I'm in, if only for the Mrs. Doubtfire reference. But, seriously, you sound exactly like my kind of pal, an MFPeep after my own heart. Add me at your discretion.
  • DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    Of course I'm going to add you...you referenced Mrs. Doubtfire. You, literally, had me at, "Hello".

Anyone else, feel free to add me. I could always use more friends. :)
  • curlysue06
    Mini- :) of course ill add you!

Dani- nice job on the Jerry reference!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Hi Curly,

I'm Elizabeth and I'm 22, I have probably about 25-30 left to lose but I'm really not sure right now. I'm taking it slow and we'll see where I end up. This is about the journey to being healthier and not about the number on the scale :D.

Feel free to add me if you'd like. (I also like PMing my pals!) I'm always on (I have the app on my phone) and have over 6 months straight. I try to support my pals as much as possible, especially the ones who support me back. Recently I've been struggling but I've managed to get back on track. I realize weight loss isn't linear and has it's ups and downs and you need pals there for you every step of the way!

I also love the Mrs. Doubtfire reference! It's a movie I grew up watching with my family on family movie night!
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Can you expand on the sort of support your hoping for. Sounds like you didn't find before what you where hopping for so it might helpfull to tell us more specifically what kinds of support your hoping for.
    Hello,
    I’ve been using MFP for almost three years and over the course of those three years I have lost 60lbs and gained some fantastic friends. However, this very last year has been the hardest year with this weight loss. I have about 45lbs left to lose and it is like my body just doesn’t want to let it go this year. Now, I’ve recommitted. I’ve started a nice exercise routine and changed my eating habits. The weight is slowly coming off. It is taking time but it is happening.

Weight: 184
    Goal weight: 130-135

The point? I’m looking for MFPs who will help support me as I achieve my ultimate goal. I want MFPS who will share the good, bad and the ugly parts of their journey, too. I’m a realist. I won’t go on a fad diet. I love to eat and drink. I love to try different things. I want to continue to lose weight in a healthy manner and I’m looking for MFPS who are doing the same.
    Now, I’ve made a post like this before a few months ago and gained mfps. I would support them every day but there was no love back. I don’t want that this time. Please, only add me if you’re willing to be a true my fitness pal. I love supporting everyone I meet and I have done so over the course of my life, but I, too, need support… now, more than ever.
    Thanks for listening. I am looking forward to “meeting” some new pals.