Hello everybody I'm new and need all the help I can get

bretay
bretay Posts: 8
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I have been on a diet forever.I lost 130 lbs on low carb in 1998 and gained it back,plus more.I joined WW in Feb at 244. I am now at 221.Don't know which is best to do count calories or point.Any suggestions.:smile:

Replies

• bretay
    I have been on a diet forever.I lost 130 lbs on low carb in 1998 and gained it back,plus more.I joined WW in Feb at 244. I am now at 221.Don't know which is best to do count calories or point.Any suggestions.:smile:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    I would say calories! Since there are some foods worth 0 points...you could eat a ton of them and lose no weight! Calories are more accurate! Thats my opinion anyway! I think it would be easier for me to cheat that way!
  • mindy77
    mindy77 Posts: 9
    I would stick with calories too. I've lost 11 pounds since I've statred counting calories. Best of luck to you and on myfitnesspal there is always lots of support behind you. :smile:
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP. I don't know much about the "point system or WW for that matter but .......I do know that calorie counting and watching my nutritional intake is working well for me. :smile: Besst wishes to you on your goals ! :flowerforyou:
  • bretay
    Thanks for information.I think I will try the calories It should be easier than the points.You have to use the calculator to figure up cal,fat,fiber to get the points.:yawn: Counting calories will save a lot of time.:smile::smile: Thank you again.
This discussion has been closed.