So Hungry!-quit the sugar?

Options
Day 2, I've done everything right but I'm starving, not hungry more than hungry and used up all my cals.

Does anyone know if there's any truth in sugar addiction that's been in the press? Apparently it's even added to low fat yoghurts?? Help I'm confused x

Replies

• Quarkles
    Quarkles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Don't be so quick to blame sugar. You're on Day 2 - most likely you're simply adjusting to eating less food.
    When I first started, I was pretty hungry because I was eating smaller portions. Now I sometimes am unable to finish my meal, or realize that it's 9:00, I haven't had dinner and I'm not hungry. I also usually have a mini chocolate bar/ice cream/cookie/brownie every day. Not diet versions either, but with real butter and real sugar.
    Just try to use veggies to add more bulk to your meals and make sure you're eating enough fat and protein. Personally, I'd ditch the low-fat yogurt too - 2% milk fat Greek yogurt is mighty tasty.
    Keep in mind that anecdotal evidence doesn't really mean a hill of beans, but there are many people on this site who love their sugar, and somehow are managing to lose weight/keep the weight off.
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    How big is your deficit?
  • sauron92
    Options
    I'm in day 40 and I've been hungry for..let's see..40 FRIGGIN' DAYS!
    but I lost 17 pounds! which keeps me going of course

once you start seeing results you'll develop patience don't worry.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    how many calories per day are you eating?

are you restricting any foods?

I do not believe in sugar addiction or that sugar is evil….you can eat sugar and lose weight..I do…my diary is open..
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    The feeling of "starving" when you have actually eaten sufficient food (i.e. you are not literally starving) is often about the perception of deprivation. I would encourage you to incorporate a wide variety of foods as well as treats into your diet. I would also ask what are you starving *for* exactly. If you have specific cravings then satisfy them in moderation if possible.

I don't believe sugar is the devil. Higher fat foods will help you feel full, though.

ETA: I also suggest you eat more food during the morning and lunch...just going off your two days of entries. For example, grapes and a coffee does not make a sufficient lunch. Of course you will be left feeling starving!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Stop eating low fat stuff. Fat, when eaten with protein, can be very filling.

Low fat things always leave me hungry, tbh.

No comment on the sugar thing. I just ate two dark chocolate buttercreams with my protein shake and I'm pretty satisfied, so I'm not qualified to speak on the whole "sugar/carbs make me hungry thing"
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you're going from eating whatever you wanted, to probably eating about half. eat more. adjust your setting to get used to it.
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    A LOT of the time when we think we are hungry or starving we need to drink some water. I eat a ton of fruits and veggies. I can eat a lot and I like that! Protein, veggies, fruit, and lots of water. Boredom is also mistaken as hunger a lot. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night hungry, I drink water, if that doesnt help I have a handful of peanuts.

Keep working on this, you can do it!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Day 2, I've done everything right but I'm starving, not hungry more than hungry and used up all my cals.

Does anyone know if there's any truth in sugar addiction that's been in the press? Apparently it's even added to low fat yoghurts?? Help I'm confused x

I took a look at your diary and you are eating a lot of carbs but not very much protein or fat. You also eat few to no veggies. Veggies have fiber which will keep you feeling full. Adding more protein will also keep you full longer.

A lot of the times people mistake hunger and thirst. Make sure you are drinking enough water.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    In, to see where this goes.
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    According to your diary for today, you had 3 teaspoons of granulated sugar ... for a total of 12 g if sugar. No expert here at all, but when I kept going over my sugar I went to a sugar substitute. That helped me get my macros under control.

Oh, and exercising will not only increase you daily goals for calories but it increases it for sugar too. Adding 40 minutes of strength training (weight lifting) today increased by sugar goal by 4 g.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I noticed that you have zero protein early in the day - try having an egg or a couple egg whites in the morning for breakfast - if I don't eat protein early I am hungry all day
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    In, to see where this goes.

+1
    cute-animals-sloth-giving-flower-woman-animated-gif-pics.gif