Pre-workout food

Options
What does everyone eat before they go workout? I was just doing a protein shake but now that I have been working out for a while and work out longer and harder I get hungry, some times dizzy or nauseous about 3/4 through workout. I know it is because I haven't got anything left in the tank.

Now I am trying to add some actual protein food and complex carb with my protein shake. So need ideas.

Replies

• TpocketT60
    TpocketT60 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I workout after work. About 1.5-2 hours before my workout I eat 2 protein bars and a yogurt. About 50g protein and 50g carbs total.
  • Still_Standing
    Options
    I usually don't eat before a workout but if my tank feels real empty. haha I just have an apple or a boiled egg something convenient and light.
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat light before I go work out and search for a small cow to eat after. My go-to prior is egg beaters with salsa. Yummy and low cal
  • stuy101
    stuy101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I work out mainly a couple hours after waking and usually eat 2-3 boiled eggs or some grilled turkey. Once I keep it mainly fat and protein I do well, if it's later in the day I might get around 30-40g of carbs in the form of gluten free oats.
  • Shalini_15
    Shalini_15 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I generally have a banana or one slice of brown bread or 1 cup of slim milk or few soaked almonds. If I have skipped dinner or am quite hungry then may be a workout bar or chocolate to give me energy.
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't eat before a workout, I drink a protein shake a hour before, But I eat immediately afterwards.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Banana and a protein shake

When broscience works at its best
  • helen8328
    helen8328 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I workout in the morning about an hour after I've had a big bowl of oatbran. I find that I need a dose of good carbs before to give me energy to work hard (oatbran also has more protein in it than normal oats). I also sip a protein shake during my workout to help repair the muscles straight away, and sometimes some amino acids during the workout too.
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I do fasted LISS first thing in the morning when I wake up and then have some porridge for breakfast before strength training about 90 minutes later
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat before a workout but today I decided to eat a couple of crumpets first as I was hungry and low in energy. Big mistake, I felt sick the whole way through even though I waited an hour. I still feel sick now. I won't do that again.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat before a workout but today I decided to eat a couple of crumpets first as I was hungry and low in energy. Big mistake, I felt sick the whole way through even though I waited an hour. I still feel sick now. I won't do that again.

^ I have the same problem ... I rarely eat before working out.