Back in the saddle again!

joyebarger
joyebarger Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
After losing 40 lbs, I allowed myself to become content. Sort of. I wasn't really content. I wanted to reach my goal which would require an additional 30 lb loss. But I plateaued and I didnt want to put the extra effort into getting out of it. I used every excuse in the book... and I have gained 7 lbs of my weight back. Doesn't sound like a huge deal, right? WRONG. Its a stepping stone. When does it stop? I swear not to gain 10 lbs back, then it turns to 15, then 20. Before you know it, I'm pushing the 200 lb mark again and miserable. And when I'm in that condition, I'm not the best mother, wife, co-worker, sister....etc...that I could be because I am so focused on my misery that I don't enjoy others or myself.

SO, after that little mini-bio....I have started up again with healthy eating a regular workout schedule. I'm going to the Y 4 days a week, eating balanced meals, and I WILL be a success. Today I weigh in at 158 and my goal is to be at 150 by October 1st, 140 by November 1st, 130 by December first and my goal weight of 125 by the New Year. It will be the first year EVER that my resolutions won't revolve around my weight.

I don't know about you guys, but my key to success is planning ahead and organization. I eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack every week day at work and plan my evening meals a week at a time. I know this way I will be full and I will have less temptations.

So how do you set your goals? How do you react to success or failure? Love to hear more about all of you....today is my first post and I'm looking for pals! Have a wonderful Wednesday!
This discussion has been closed.